Lowest prices for your stay
US$82
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Hotels.com
US$81
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
HIExpress.com
US$81
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$81
TravelocityUS$81
Lol.travelUS$105
1,065 results
All reviews snow goose retail park car park city centre double bed short stay couple of nights comfortable room yogurt hie tesco outskirts duvet pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2021

cant knock it, was clean, comfortable, good service and a goods night sleep. breakfast was good and quickly refreshed. good location as i needed to catch a flight, hotel arrange transfers and took 5 minute drive to get to my flight.

1  Thank markhuse87
Reviewed 16 September 2021

I’m a regular guest at IHG properties so when my husband and I decided to go to Inverness for a few days, I booked the Holiday Inn Express, as it’s the only hotel in the area that belongs to the group. It’s an older property compared to some of the Holiday Inn Express hotels that I have stayed at in the past, but it’s obviously been refurbished fairly recently and everything looks modern and comfortable.

There is free parking right outside the hotel, which is great because it’s very hard to find hotels with parking in the city. The hotel is just outside the city centre, by a retail park offering a wide range of shops, a fast food outlet and some chain restaurants. It’s easy to walk from the hotel to the retail park via a footbridge at the back of the property - so there is no dangerous walk to take on the main road.

Right from check-in we were greeted by a really friendly and helpful member of staff called Gregory, who offered me a choice of a free drink or some welcome points (we chose the latter) and then told us about the option of foregoing housekeeping for 500 points every time, which we did on three occasions.

When we arrived in our room, there was a fan, as I had requested in advance, and the room was on a high floor away from the lift, as recorded in my IHG account preferences. Before arriving I had also enquired about ice, and was told I could get it from reception. Gregory helped with that.

Anyone we dealt with was super helpful. We found the bed a bit too firm so we asked at Reception if we could have an extra duvet to put under the bottom sheet (our standard trick in these situations), and the duvet was soon delivered to our room.

Everybody we dealt with was very welcoming and helpful - reception staff and housekeepers.

The room was spacious and very quiet. We had booked a different hotel for the last two days of our stay (a 4 star hotel part of another international group) but when we went to the city centre, we took one look at it and changed our mind, deciding to extend our stay at the Holiday in Express instead.

If I had to be critical, I would say that the mattress was too firm - the hotel should really invest in memory toppers for the bed. It would also be great if there were ice machines on the floors - that’s something UK hotels don’t often provide, but which make such a difference for guests.

The other issue is that this particular property is a lot more expensive than the average Holiday Inn Express in the UK. I wonder if it’s because there really aren’t many other hotels belonging to the IHG group in the area - but it was twice the price of what I am used to paying for the Holiday Inn Express. However, I would definitely stay there again, hopefully soon.

1  Thank paperopoli
Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

We have just spent four nights at the Holiday Inn Express. Check in was easy and staff all very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. Breakfast was buffet style and varied. The hotel is a 35 minute walk approx from the centre of Inverness. All in all we were happy with our stay and would not hesitate to return on any future visit to Inverness.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2021

Pre-paid for a wheel chair assessable room with double bed. This room was hot and stuffy, even with the window open and the provided fan on. The bed was very uncomfortable, quite bouncy with very little back support.
Had both Breakfast and Dinner on two occasions. Breakfast served buffet, the scrambled eggs well over cooked as were the sausages.
For dinner had a very well done beef burger and very well done chicken burger. The chicken was so over cooked coule barely cut with a knife. The chips served with dinner were also so over done they were like little pieces of wood.
On our last evening there we went to the Burger King which is 2 minutes away and was the best meal we had while staying at this establishment.

The staff was friendly and helpful, although when checking out I was presented with a bill which included the room charge which was pre-paid, a difference of over £200.

If we visit the area again I think we'll give this hotel a miss.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank GRAYHARRYA
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2021

Dear GRAYHARRYA,

I appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay due to the sleeping quality in our room and our breakfast. This is certainly below our usual high standard of service. Please be assured that I have noted and forwarded your comments for the management to improve. In the midst of the inconvenience, I am glad to know that the service of our staff was still appreciated.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 August 2021

First hotel we visited after lockdown. Very clean and staff were taking care to ensure safety of all guests. Breakfast was limited through first 3 stays, but was tasty and felt safe to each in the restaurant.

Room tip: Car park fills up fast. Get there early for a good spot.
Date of stay: May 2021