All reviews heart of scotland tours short walk to the river warm hospitality wonderful hosts quiet residential street city centre off street parking bed and breakfast restaurants and pubs few minutes walk home away from home highly recommend this b b plenty of hot water lovely home two nights each morning night's sleep
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I (unfortunately!) only got to stay one night at Atherstone Guest House, on an overnight stay in Inverness on a tour; my accommodation was booked for me by Heart of Scotland Tours, and it was exactly what I would have chosen for myself! Ruth is warm and friendly, and her guest house reflects her personality; I had a gorgeous, well appointed room right at the top of the stairs, and the carpets are so thick that I never heard anyone walk past my door...it was the best night of sleep of my entire holiday! The property is in a quiet residential street, an easy 5 minute walk to the River Ness, and to the restaurants, shops and attractions of Inverness. A lovely fresh breakfast is ready for you in the morning, thanks to Ruth's organised system of taking your menu request the evening before. I very much hope to get back to Atherstone Guest House and Inverness one day soon for a longer visit, I highly recommend both for their overwhelmingly gracious hospitality!!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SCA2010
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I spent two nights at Atherstone through Heart of Scotland tours. Hosts were lovely and helpful, continental breakfast was good (and the special salmon and cream cheese tarts were delicious!), and the room I had was clean, spacious, and charmingly decorated. The house is located on a quiet residential street but is within easy walking distance to Inverness city center and some supermarkets. There is also free WiFi. The mattress in my room could perhaps use a thicker mattress pad, but being an easy sleeper, I didn't have any trouble getting two restful nights' sleep. Overall a great stay at Atherstone. Tip: I'm not sure this is always the policy, but we were required to pay for our accommodation in cash.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We were booked for two nights at the Atherstone through the Heart of Scotland tours. The B&B is lovely, well located an easy walk from the centre of Inverness. Breakfast was good, our hosts made a point of telling us that they only serve 'healthy' options. I had the yogurt parfait as I generally eat yogurt for breakfast anyway, but my travelling companion would have preferred a heartier breakfast.

One note - this B&B takes cash only, no credit cards.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We were in Inverness with Heart of Scotland Tours and chose the "B&B" option for our overnight stay. They arranged for us to stay at the Atherstone Guest House and we could not have been happier. The owners are gracious and welcoming (and fun!) Their home is lovely and within walking distance of the beautiful downtown Inverness. Breakfast was made to order and wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Atherstone and will happily choose them again when we return to Scotland.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Our host, Ruth, was very friendly and breakfast was great. I loved the yogurt parfait that was offered. We did feel that the beds were a bit old, and not very firm. I also would have loved a way to plug in a hairdryer anywhere near a mirror. I ended up propping up my iPad. There was a nice hairdryer provided, but it got challenging using it.

It's a bit of a walk to the city center, but a fairly pleasant route. Overall it's a very inviting place and I would probably stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends