US$264
    • Restaurant
    • Bar/Lounge
    US$148
    PremierInn.com
    All reviewsheart of scotland tourswarm hospitalityquiet residential streetan easy minute walkthe riveroff street parkinga great staycity centreroom was spaciousplenty of hot watertwo nightsnight's sleepstay there againthoroughly enjoyed our staycontinental breakfaststayed here for one nightfamily room
    Reviewed 10 September 2017

This B&B was booked as part of a Heart of Scotland tour so we didn't know what to expect until we arrived. We were not disappointed in the choice in any way. Ruth was a perfect host, the room was comfortable and well equipped including free Wi-Fi. Ruth really was a delight and recommended places to go for dinner (we had arrived late on a Friday evening), even phoning a likely restaurant to see what time a table might be available. We had a really good night's sleep. Our only disappointment was that no cooked breakfast was offered (we would have expected to pay extra for this though) but the continental buffet on offer was extensive. Our only regret about staying here was that it was only for one night. We would certainly stay here if we ever return to Inverness (albeit unlikely) and recommend this B&B to any prospective visitors to the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 29 August 2017

We loved staying at Atherstone Guest House! We were booked for two nights in the family room through Heart of Scotland Tours. Just lovely people and would stay there again without the tour booking. Very accommodating and great recommendations for dinner. It's just a stone's throw from the River Ness and a walk across the River is downtown Inverness. All in all a lovely place. And just a heads up: they prefer cash, so be prepared. Our deal was good and again the service excellent, so I did not mind.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
    Reviewed 26 July 2017

I (unfortunately!) only got to stay one night at Atherstone Guest House, on an overnight stay in Inverness on a tour; my accommodation was booked for me by Heart of Scotland Tours, and it was exactly what I would have chosen for myself! Ruth is warm and friendly, and her guest house reflects her personality; I had a gorgeous, well appointed room right at the top of the stairs, and the carpets are so thick that I never heard anyone walk past my door...it was the best night of sleep of my entire holiday! The property is in a quiet residential street, an easy 5 minute walk to the River Ness, and to the restaurants, shops and attractions of Inverness. A lovely fresh breakfast is ready for you in the morning, thanks to Ruth's organised system of taking your menu request the evening before. I very much hope to get back to Atherstone Guest House and Inverness one day soon for a longer visit, I highly recommend both for their overwhelmingly gracious hospitality!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
    1  Thank SCA2010
    Reviewed 9 July 2017

I spent two nights at Atherstone through Heart of Scotland tours. Hosts were lovely and helpful, continental breakfast was good (and the special salmon and cream cheese tarts were delicious!), and the room I had was clean, spacious, and charmingly decorated. The house is located on a quiet residential street but is within easy walking distance to Inverness city center and some supermarkets. There is also free WiFi. The mattress in my room could perhaps use a thicker mattress pad, but being an easy sleeper, I didn't have any trouble getting two restful nights' sleep. Overall a great stay at Atherstone. Tip: I'm not sure this is always the policy, but we were required to pay for our accommodation in cash.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
    Reviewed 6 July 2017

We were booked for two nights at the Atherstone through the Heart of Scotland tours. The B&B is lovely, well located an easy walk from the centre of Inverness. Breakfast was good, our hosts made a point of telling us that they only serve 'healthy' options. I had the yogurt parfait as I generally eat yogurt for breakfast anyway, but my travelling companion would have preferred a heartier breakfast.

One note - this B&B takes cash only, no credit cards.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends