Lowest prices for your stay
US$72
US$55
Destinia.com
US$52
PricelineUS$58
Hotels.comUS$72
EtripUS$80
All reviews swimming pool leisure facilities superior room buffet style bit dated family room city centre plenty of parking one night stay would stay again couple of nights car park single room cooked breakfast sauna annex
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2021 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with family and had family weddings at this hotel oh my whatever went wrong
Booked a room through late rooms .com to stay at Craigmoinie as thought it would be better choice at £114 per night
Booked on 3rd October as travelling for business to stay evening of 4 th October
Unbelievable room was dirty looking cold and camp bed for my 27 year old son that would be uncomfortable for a child
So I gave them benefit of doubt and just asked for different room
The girl on reception was polite and kind unlike the duty manager Callum
Who proceeded to tell me it was my fault for booking wrong room
Long story short we were forced into the street to look for another hotel without a refund at 8 pm at night
We managed to get into Holiday inn express stoneyfield inverness
What a relief this was and I must add warm clean and comfortable
At £115 for the night
So at this point I am now £300 out of pocket
I was assured by craigmoinie general manager I would have refund in 5 days or so
We are now a month on and nothing no refund and disgusted I will never stay in this hotel again its just awful service
Stay in a travelogue at £29 rooms are better
I have given a month before writing this review to see how they deal with the issue which I feel is fair
In my opinion it’s not the problem it’s how you deal with the problem that counts and basically you haven’t
So you leave me no choice

Room tip: Avoid like the plague
Trip type: Travelled on business
Niall MacLennan, General Manager at Craigmonie Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I would like to begin by apologising that the cleanliness of your room was not up to standard, Housekeeping has been made aware of the issue and please be assured that is not our usual standard of service.

Unfortunately on the night you stayed the hotel was fully booked so we could not find an alternative room for your stay. You had booked a family maisonette suitable for 2 adults and 2 children therefore the room was set accordingly.

The hotel has not taken any payment for this booking and we contacted the third party you booked with on the 4th of October, while you were in house to make them aware of the complaint and to issue you a full refund. The Reception Manager has advised you to contact the third party to approve your refund, which we are unable to do for you as they need confirmation from the guest.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Kind regards,

The Craigmonie Team

Reviewed 30 October 2021

We stayed here for 1 night in a family room with our kids (age 3 and 7) in October. We had breakfast and dinner here too. It was nice but maybe slightly expensive for what you get. The children's meal was a good deal but probably better suited for older children as it was way too much for my 3 year old. The hotel is a bit tired but this is probably reflected in the price. All the staff were really nice and friendly. The kids enjoyed the pool but the ladies changing room was very dirty and the shower in the changing room was scalding hot. I ended up changing the kids by the poolside. We didn't walk into town but I think it would have taken longer than 10-15 mins with kids.

Reviewed 29 October 2021 via mobile

This hotel is a bit worn and tired in decor - but good in all the right places for a comfortable stay. Beds and pillows comfy, you can run a lovely hot bath bath anytime in about 60 seconds, shower also good. Spotlessly clean everywhere. All staff are friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Delicious proper hot chocolate from the bar . 10 mins walk from the centre of Inverness. Didn’t eat here so can’t comment on the food but a happy , comfy stay and would return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2021

Fabulous three day stay at this lovely hotel.. The staff are very polite, friendly and helpful.. The hotel is lovely and clean and covid safety measures in place.. It's ideally situated within walking distance to the old town. Lovely cosy bar too for nightcaps. The cooked breakfast is superb in fact the best I've tasted.. I can't wait to return. Highly recommended for a trip to Inverness

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2021

Hotel set away from main shopping area about 15 minute walk downhill. Not so fun walking back. No complaints but decor a little tired. Room was quite small and dark and looked out onto a wall. Food was good but dinner overpriced. Overall a good stay with plenty of parking.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Niall MacLennan, General Manager at Craigmonie Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2021

Dear Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit.

I have noted your comment regarding the decor in the bedrooms and I am pleased to let you know we will be refurbishing 22 of our bedrooms in the coming months. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal at the hotel and I have passed on your suggestion about pricing to the head chef to review.

We hope to welcome you back to the Craigmonie soon.

Kind regards,