All reviews hot tub decadent room boutique hotel souffle turn down service well stocked mini bar double shower car park coffee machine fantastic hotel room number small hotel little touches following morning town centre the river stayed for one night
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful rooms, outstanding service in this lovely, quiet, small hotel. The beds were luxurious, the bathrooms modern and efficient with classy amenities. The food and service in the restaurant was excellent. I would highly recommend this establishment, and am already planning a return visit.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments regarding your Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux experience.

Your custom, recommendation and mention of a return visit are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We booked this resturant by mistake instead of Rocpool (by the river ness) but the staff kindly gave us directions for Rocpool Reserve. ....Greeted by lovely staff on arrival. Shown to our table and offered drinks and menu. All very polite and attentive. Beautiful starter and main course. Would definitely go back but next time would like to try Rocpool .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community regarding your Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux experience.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your evening with us and I hope that you are able to make a return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

This is a lovely hotel, very upscale and comfortable. The staff is excellent, very attentive and caring. We really enjoyed our stay. The breakfast is excellent, and they made excellent recommendations for dinner destinations, which we really enjoyed. If we are ever in Inverness again we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review for the Trip Advisor community.

Your wonderful comments are very much appreciated and I am delighted that you have enjoyed to the extent that you have.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the not too distant future for a similar, if not better experience.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

I went in Trip Advisor recommendations, and was not dissappointed. Roc Pool is not a big hotel, but small, private, mostly couples and small families. Walking distance to downtown, but, understand, Inverness is a great little town, but the downtown does not have a lot to see, as mostly Inverness is a home base for local sightseeing ( we loved Cawdor Castle and Cullodean Battlefield, etc). People also love the Loch Ness cruise, but we just drove along it.
The best part of RocPool is the comfy beds, attentive service, and the Chez Roux restaurant, attached, is fabulous. That was definitely the best meal of our whole Scotland trip. So, if you can, while you stay, do make reservations ahead!
Bathroom is NOT en suite, but downstairs, so perhaps ask for en suite BR if you do not like climbing stairs. We found this not a problem..

Stayed: August 2018
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such lovely feedback with regards to your Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux experience.

It is always a delight to receive such feedback towards the various services you have received whilst visiting the hotel and restaurant. If I could clarify however to the Trip Advisor community that all eleven of our bedrooms are en suite, and there is not the need to exit the privacy of your room for the bathroom facilities or share these facilities with any other hotel guests. You are correct though with regards to some of our rooms containing the quirky finish of a lower level.

I do hope that you will be making a repeat visit in the not too distant future, and if so, please do not hesitate to request a room without a lower level and we will do our utmost to make this happen.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Couple 1 bedroom, 2 nights

Having stayed in many 5 star properties across the world, I am delighted to say that one of the best properties we have ever stayed in, is in our home country of Scotland.

As expected of a 5-star hotel the attention to detail was perfect, but in this case, the staff went above and beyond, with little touches in the rooms, (for example, placing sparkling water on my side of the bed and still on my wife's side, how did they know that? from the restaurant I guess) to perfectly mixed drinks in the bar.

The room itself was 'cosy' and luxurious, and the 'Emperor' sized bed would certainly fit most emperors.

My wife and I both agreed that the food in the restaurant was nothing short of amazing. We have been fortunate enough to eat in many renowned fine dining restaurants across the world, however, this one has made it to our number one spot. My wife has coeliac disease and has to be very careful in avoiding gluten, she was delighted when she was told they could adapt anything on the dinner menu. The food (best described as Scottish with a French twist) was out of this world and coupled with the excellent service, and great attention to detail made this our all-time favourite restaurant.

The next time we are visiting 'up-north' we will look forward at spending a night or 2 at the Rocpool Reserve.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux experience.

Your feedback is very generous indeed and there are many elements that can make a stay special but sometimes just the smallest details are what leave a lasting impression. I am delighted that this was the case for yourself and the dining experience was something that matched your stay.

I hope I'm able to welcome you back in the not too distant future for what I'm sure will be a similar, if not better experience.