Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hot tub extra decadent room boutique hotel roux restaurant car park lovely bathroom little touches the river town centre stayed here for one night biscuits scotland sauna castle
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2021

A delightful stay during a train tour, the hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the railway station.

The room was nice and clean, there was air con but it was very noisy so lucky that our stay was in November!

The WiFi wasn’t working for the duration of our stay and as our room was located low down I couldn’t even get 4G reception although I could in the bar & restaurant.

Breakfast was very good and of a high standard and the staff were very accommodating when we needed a very early breakfast in order to catch our train.

We had dinner one night, very nice.

I would stay again.

Date of stay: November 2021
Daniel Shaw, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to read your comments about your dining experiences and the team.

My apologies that we were not able to rectify the issue with the Wi-Fi sooner but I do thank you for your understanding.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rocpool Reserve soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2021

Expecting a Roux restaurant we booked for two nights only to find the Roux relationship ended last January even though one of our confirmation emails and the deposit receipt claimed it was still in place! The rooms are very much as per the early 00s (red/brown colour scheme and DVD players). We had a "Decadent" room, expecting a roll top bath as per the photos only to be told they only had one like that and the term "Decadent" referred to the size of the room. Our room was large but it was one large corridor. We had a dressing area, but it was immediately behind the door. We had a narrow sitting area, but it couldn't be used as it joined the dressing area/door up a flight of stairs to the bed area. The bed was emperor size but was next to a non-double glazed window looking out onto the street on one of the back roads into Inverness. Back in the day when this was a Michelin starred destination hotel the false advertising and quirks were probably overlooked but it can't anymore.
As for the restaurant, the food was an impersonation of Michelin quality food but frequently missed the boat as in I would remark on the food to my wife but she would claim it tasted the opposite! We did the naff thing of tasting each others dish to find we were both right as the ingredient mix and seasoning was random to say the least! So underwhelmed were we that we skipped dinner in the restaurant on our second night and ate in the "the most happening bar in Inverness where reservations are recommended". Unsurprisingly we were the only people in the Bar all night but the bar menu was the best gastro pub food we had ever had in Scotland!
So in summary an overpriced hotel that's just within the law on using its past glories to advertise the current guise of the hotel, with a deluded head chef with poor quality control but at least one very talented sous chefs waiting to take over.

Room tip: If you book Decadent, insist on the roll top bathroom.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

All our bedrooms are individual with no two being the same. If there is a particular room any guest would like to stay in, then we will always do our best to accommodate.

My apologies over the ambiguity as to whether our restaurant was a 'Roux Restaurant', I will investigate this matter personally.

I was very surprised to read your comments about your experience in our restaurant. We are very proud of our Chef and what he is able to produce, this is backed up by the excellent feedback we generally receive from our guests. It seems that perhaps this was not to your particular taste. I was happy, however, to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal in our R-Bar, where our Chef is also responsible for all meals served.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 November 2021

We stayed for two nights as a base for a trip and loved the hotel. The service was second to none and the food was delicious. We will definitely stay again. The only down side was a problem with the Wi-Fi which the hotel was trying to resolve. Fortunately the service from my phone provider was sufficient.

1  Thank DrewS1966

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and lovely comments about food and service. These have been passed on to the team.

Thank you also for your understanding regarding the Wi-Fi issues we had.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2021

Hardly awe inspiring upon first view. Closer inspection shows lack of investment in a, quite frankly, overpriced hotel. We were in the extra decadent room which achieved that title, how? Its a fairly basic room with a tired hot tub sitting on rather tatty flooring which is going green and the gutters are all needing a good pressure wash. Only free bottles of water in the room and enough sachets for ONE cup of coffee each. Tight or what!! They even make you pay for a pack of biscuits which most other hotels provide free!! Room tired too. As with most of the so called up market hotels we have been in the staff are their saving grace. Polite, helpful and nothing any bother for them. Food not especially to our liking but the type served may suit some. Sorry either drop your extortionate prices or invest to retain your status.

Room tip: Avoid the expensive ones
1  Thank 4rosebank

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about the team, which have been passed on.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with elements of your stay. I only wish you may have highlighted these while you were with us in order that we may have had the opportunity to resolve any issues.

I do hope we have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back to Rocpool Reserve in the near future and ask that you contact me direct so I may help you find a room to suit your taste.

Reviewed 3 October 2021

The hotel is displaying 2007 Awards, that more or less says it all. Very average and very expensive for what was delivered. Wall paper peeling off room walls, small packets of biscuits chargeable, room clean - but just nothing special. Our room happened to be next to the washing up/laundry area and also thus noisy. The service was again okay, but nothing special and food for both dinner and breakfast was nothing to write home about - not bad, but not to the expectation of what this hotel would claim. Desperately needs money spent on it, big disappointment at the end of a Scottish vacation where we did experience some amazing Scottish hospitality. Rocpool must do better.

1  Thank Gavmitchell

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, it is only through feedback such as your own that we can improve.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience, I only wish I had known at the time so I may have had the opportunity to rectify this and ensure a pleasurable stay.

I was surprised to read your comments about the food as this is an area we really pride ourselves and consistently receive excellent feedback. I apologise on this occasion it was not to your taste.

I would welcome having the opportunity to have you stay with us again at Rocpool Reserve and ask that you contact myself directly so that I can help guide you through which rooms are available to ensure that you are not disappointed.