“Great Stay”
Review of Beaufort Hotel

Beaufort Hotel
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Stayed for 2 nights, room was very spacious, clean with large bathroom, keycard entry to rooms and main door, staff were excellent and polite. Hotel is close to town centre, canal and castle about 300 yards, plenty of places to dine and plenty to do.

Room Tip: Ground floor is best if your disabled as no lift in hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

While my husband has been working in Inverness myself, twin 5 year olds and a Dalmatian have just enjoyed 2 nights at this hotel! Lovely spacious room, sofa bed for the kids, my bed and pillows so comfy, TV and hairdryer! Everything you need! Parking out the back! Always managed to get a space! Dogs can go in the bar/lounge area so we had lunch and dinner in there! Very tasty, also delicious breakfast in the main restaurant! Everyone very friendly and welcoming! Nice park down the road, bellfield park, great for dogs and kids!! We enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I stayed at this hotel in May 2016 on a B&B basis along 15 friends on a golfing trip. Firstly the breakfast on the first morning was non existent, apparently their chef never turned up which resulted in 16 hungry golfer receiving no breakfast with no apology or discount forthcoming, the reception guy and waiter muddled breakfast together but was far to late for us, we had a tee time to make.
Secondly, on departure the receptionist charged us an amount which was less than the original agreed amount, we did not complain and assumed it was as a result of the breakfast failure on our first morning. 10 months later the Hotel took £1920 from my Credit Card Account, when I called them up I was told it was a mistake and the money would be returned, when it wasn't returned I called back again and was told I was owed them over £500 because their receptionist charged us the wrong amount during our stay in May. I sought legal advise and was told they can do that, yet it still took them over 2 weeks to return the money. I had to pay the £500 but have put a letter of complaint to the retail ombudsman about how the situation was dealt with. I was also told by the hotel that the manager that I initially dealt with had been sacked in some bizarre way of trying to show that they dealt with the situation, appears he was the scapegoat for a terrible service. Shocking customer service, avoid paying by card or better still don't stay there.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank jamescallander
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Use this hotel for both business & pleasure. Very clean, tidy and well decorated and modern.

Staff are always polite, very friendly, helpful & smiling. Great range of drinks at the bar and food is just amazing.

Even on a cold damp scottish night sitting in the bar with the log fire it's a friendly happy place.

Comfy beds too & only a five minute walk to the castle and city centre.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ejmurray
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Excellent experience staying here for the first time. Central convenient location with onsite parking, room was nicely furnished with modern decor, bar and dining areas also very nice. Staff were all very friendly and food was excellent both in taste and presentation. Would happily stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple