“Lack of space”
Review of Beaufort Hotel

Beaufort Hotel
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend recently.
Positives - the staff were generally very polite, the place is clean and very convenient for Inverness town centre.
Negatives - we had a double room that was too small and totally dominated by the over-king sized bed. No room for any chairs. They had clearly made a single room into a double. One of the bedside lamps was not working and despite this being reported on the Saturday morning was still faulty on checkout on the Sunday. Room heating radiator was VERY noisy. Hotel ventilation motor just outside bedroom window was like a motorbike. This was on all day and all night. My partner wanted to sleep in on the Saturday but was woken up by the maids knocking on the neighbouring door and shouting 'Open up ! Open up' repeatedly.
Breakfast was ok but nothing special.
For more than £300 for the weekend we expected much better.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Winding staircases lead to beautiful rooms in this old highland hotel. The staff are friendly, rooms comfortable, and location is ideal with a 5 minute walk to the castle and town. Breakfast was acceptable to good, decor was interesting!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Stayed for 2 nights, room was very spacious, clean with large bathroom, keycard entry to rooms and main door, staff were excellent and polite. Hotel is close to town centre, canal and castle about 300 yards, plenty of places to dine and plenty to do.

Room Tip: Ground floor is best if your disabled as no lift in hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

While my husband has been working in Inverness myself, twin 5 year olds and a Dalmatian have just enjoyed 2 nights at this hotel! Lovely spacious room, sofa bed for the kids, my bed and pillows so comfy, TV and hairdryer! Everything you need! Parking out the back! Always managed to get a space! Dogs can go in the bar/lounge area so we had lunch and dinner in there! Very tasty, also delicious breakfast in the main restaurant! Everyone very friendly and welcoming! Nice park down the road, bellfield park, great for dogs and kids!! We enjoyed our stay!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I stayed at this hotel in May 2016 on a B&B basis along 15 friends on a golfing trip. Firstly the breakfast on the first morning was non existent, apparently their chef never turned up which resulted in 16 hungry golfer receiving no breakfast with no apology or discount forthcoming, the reception guy and waiter muddled breakfast together but was far to late for us, we had a tee time to make.
Secondly, on departure the receptionist charged us an amount which was less than the original agreed amount, we did not complain and assumed it was as a result of the breakfast failure on our first morning. 10 months later the Hotel took £1920 from my Credit Card Account, when I called them up I was told it was a mistake and the money would be returned, when it wasn't returned I called back again and was told I was owed them over £500 because their receptionist charged us the wrong amount during our stay in May. I sought legal advise and was told they can do that, yet it still took them over 2 weeks to return the money. I had to pay the £500 but have put a letter of complaint to the retail ombudsman about how the situation was dealt with. I was also told by the hotel that the manager that I initially dealt with had been sacked in some bizarre way of trying to show that they dealt with the situation, appears he was the scapegoat for a terrible service. Shocking customer service, avoid paying by card or better still don't stay there.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends