All reviews off street parking city centre helpful and friendly hosts breakfast was delicious private parking perfect hosts free wifi fresh fruit salad the river spacious bathroom five minute walk excellent place to stay last minute booking bed and breakfast each morning visiting inverness train station
Reviewed 29 October 2017

A ten minute walk from the bus station, across the river and straight up the road. Easy to get to if travelling by public transport. Close to the city centre and picturesque surrounds. Our room was spacious, clean, had tea/coffee facilities, and a view of the castle on the other side of the river. Really very comfortable.
The fresh berries were delicious before the full cooked breakfast that included black pudding. Our hosts were lovely and helped make our stay just perfect. Highly recommended. Authentic Scottish.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

It was my perfect 2 nights stay at Abermar Guest House. The room was like a Doll House from a fairy tale - nice and lovely. A big globe and a notebook with all guests country names at the entrance) I was the first person from Ukraine at that place!
Very good breakfast and feeling of being at home. My big thanks to James and Allison for my perfect stay at Abermar Guest House!

Room Tip: good location, cosy rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in early October on a road trip around Scotland. The Abermar is perfectly situated. It's genuinely a 5 minute walk from the centre of Inverness even if you're as decrepit as we are, and the road leads straight to the river, cathedral and the dozens of restaurants and pubs in town. Our room was comfortable, immaculately clean and had everything you could need for a pleasant stay. The whole place is very well cared for and homely. We got a blasting internet signal which was very good! Our hosts were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely, freshly cooked and with a wide choice of options. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, very highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

What a lovely place to stay in Inverness!!
This B&B really does have it all! It is located on a nice road that leads to the city centre in under 10 minutes walk.
The breakfast was delicious, you decide each morning and it is beautifully cooked to order, always with the offer of extra toast. It really sets you up for the day ahead.
We had the downstairs bedroom which was wonderful, lovely big comfortable bed, spacious bathroom and loads of space to move around in, just perfect really.
The owners, James and Allison are so helpful and informative regarding places to visit, James has an exceptional knowledge of history which my Husband and I both found interesting.
I would absolutely without hesitation recommend this as the perfect base for your visit to the beautiful Scottish highlands-you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Finding a hotel room in inverness can be a challenge. If found it can wipe all the holiday money before you even join in the fun to find nessy.
An area called Highfields has many lodges, guest houses and b&b s.
I haven't sampled them but it is difficult to imagine anything surpassing abermar guest house. I took room 10 and my daughter took 11. She is a hotel person but has nothing but praises for her stay at abermar.
Breakfast is personally prepared to order.it is great in quality and quantity. The front court is so beautiful you just feel like you have a little palace for a moment. It's personally managed by James, (sorry I forget the lady's name) but boy! What a team. They are charming and purely brilliant individuals. I thank them for a stay like very few other if any.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family