“Most likely good bar, but service didn't have its day”
Review of The Abstract - CLOSED

The Abstract
Price range: US$34 - US$69
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nestled on the banks of the River Ness within the Glen Moriston Hotel, Abstract Inverness is a stylish bar and restaurant recently dubbed a ���rising star��� by the Michelin Guide. Head Chef Geoffrey Malmedy specializes in modern French cuisine using locally sourced Scottish ingredients wherever possible. Popular dishes include Black Isle beef fillet with oxtail; Scottish halibut with vanilla and chervil; and hot strawberry souffl��. The chic piano bar boasts a huge list of malt whiskies, a wide selection of cocktails and an extensive international wine list. Abstract was the first restaurant in Scotland to introduce a chef's table. Situated in the kitchen, it offers a unique opportunity for diners to enjoy a stunning tasting menu whilst watching the team at work.
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

We intended to come for a drink there. But bartender didn't have his day. The warning sign should be that there were empty glasses on the tables...after 20 minutes, no-one came to ask for an order, as bartender was busy with some ladies...so we left to neighbor restaurant.

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

My partner and I booked a table here for an evening meal as a treat, with the plan of dressing up a little, having some pre-dinner cocktails and a nice meal before a night in Inverness - the whole thing was a great experience, from tailor made drinks, to the great piano music in the lounge and a lovely meal, nice surroundings, unrushed dining. Meal was very nice indeed, I've had better muscles elsewhere, but no shame as there is very stiff competition in the city and further afield. But that shouldn't take away from the whole package as it really was well worth it. A good place to spoil a loved one for an evening. Great stuff.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Popped in for a night cap & to listen to the pianist. Stayed for longer than we had thought as we were thoroughly enjoying the ambience & of course the pianist & his singing. So glad we went in.

Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

I stay here every few months. One night or two (varies). And eat here. They remember at Reception and in the lovely cocktail bar but never in the Restaurant. Don't get me wrong. Inverness benefits from good local ingredients and this place mostly gets them right. But there is a "can't be assed, high season is on the way" feel about the offer. My starter was lovely. You need to work hard muffing fresh Scottish scallops. These were just right tho why the accompanying black pudding was cut as if they were truffles Gawd (and our chef) only knows. A tiny pot of mash accompanied my two noisettes of very lovely loin of venison. The red cabbage was competent. Add some juniper berries and it might have flown. No other veg. £25. In Inverness. On a Thursday night in Inverness. I jokingly remarked the chef might want to know the customer was a Scottish guy not a model. Stoney silence. So, lovely venison but I am not a pig yet after scallops and venison I am still hungry . So, with 7 other diners in the room, I ask if there is any chance the rather nice sounding tarte tatin for 2 might be more modest for one? My lovely, attentive waitress goes to ask. Yup, you guessed. Why ever would you want to placate the hungry guest that pointed out two noisettes at £25 plus extra for veg likely was 2 noisettes short? So, yeah, I just ordered coffee and no dessert. No one bothered. At the end of a good meal I felt disgruntled not cherished. Abstract needs to get more concrete and look after its clients. Riva and Rocpool are a 5 mins walk.

1  Thank ARDNAHOE
Reviewed 28 January 2016

We ate here when staying for 3 nights,in Inverness in a,neighbouring hotel. The food was,really tasty with an excellent choice on the menu. Very nice waiting staff and a lovely atmosphere with attractive contemporary furnishings.