All reviews knowledgeable host ensuite bathroom rooms are comfortable an overnight stay car park outskirts fi hosts
Reviewed 25 September 2017

This is a lovely old house but with modern facilities. Small touches such as Michael (owner) coming out to meet the guest as they arrive in the car park is really nice old-world charm.
The room was spacious, clean and with a shower. Excellent wi-fi facility is available.
The location is on the outskirts of Inverness but there is very easy access to the city that takes about 10 minutes by car.

Breakfast is varied and cooked to order. Recommended

Room tip: I was in Room 6 - very spacious
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here before our journey off to do the North Coast 500. Michael was very welcoming and friendly and helpful when looking for places to eat and our route round the North Coast. The room was spotlessly clean. Good location just outside of a inverness but you can actually hear the road which woke us in the morning.

One downside is the stay is only as comfortable and peaceful as the other guests staying there. We were very unfortunate to have very loud and uncourteous neighbours staying in the room next door whom were shouting and having very loud conversation past a reasonable time, slamming doors,which meant both of us suffered a very broken sleep. Just unfortunate I guess.

Breakfast was very good and fresh cooked but we felt the dining room was quite uncomfortable as it was so silent and made it rather awkward, some light music or something would have taken the edge off the silence.

I also personally felt the room was a little overpriced.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
glendruidh, Owner at Glendruidh House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for your review. First of all sorry for your disturbed sleep. I wish you had mentioned this to me at the time and I would have asked the people in the room next to you to be a little more considerate. With regard to music in the dining room at breakfast, we have tried this but received more complaints about music at breakfast than we ever have for no music. It does of course depend on the guests staying but quite often the room is a buzz of conversation between the different guests.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Such a lovely change from the standard chain hotels at a much better rate.
Relaxing and charming, full of art, high ceilings, beautiful surrounding gardens and home made quilts on your bed.
Very accommodating to business travelers as well, will set breakfast early for you if you request it, strong wifi throughout the building and close to motorway links without hearing any traffic.
Hosts are extremely welcoming also, would recommend and stay again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
glendruidh, Owner at Glendruidh House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you very much for such a lovely and thoughtful review. We're very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Have stayed here a few times - Michael is a wonderful host, serves a great breakfast, tends a well-stocked evening bar, and is a genuinely personable host. His spouse works hard behind the scenes and is equally wonderful. Great location just outside the city, within easy driving distance to local and regional sites. Rooms are comfortable and breakfasts are filling.

Room tip: Room 4 has plenty of room, with a little sitting area and overlooks the back garden.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJ K
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the single ensuite room for one night at the end of my NC500 trip. I found it an extremely welcoming and friendly place. The bathroom was large and well stocked with toiletries, the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast delicious. It was a quiet and peaceful place to stay. Michael and his wife were very helpful when my motorbike got stuck in some mud by the drive and called a neighbour to help get it out! They then found another spot for it by their own private garage. I was amazed by how much trouble they went to. I also appreciated sharing conversation and swapping stories with them.
Altogether a lovely end to the trip and I will definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
glendruidh, Owner at Glendruidh House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Thank you for your lovely, kind and thoughtful review. Its always great to hear when one of our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. We look forward to your return.