“What a delight”

JJ's Cafe
Ranked #35 of 70 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We visit JJ's most weeks. John and Jane have made a wonderful job of this café. Jane's home-made cakes are a delight and John is always friendly and eager to please. The food is always excellent.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Given the name expected a basic greasy spoon cafe but this is not. It has an indoor kids play area and an extensive range of paperback books for exchange. Has a comfortable seating area presumably to sit with a book and a number of tables for eating. Very clean throughout including toilets. We had breakfast ahead of our long journey back to Derby and was able to purchase some lunch for on the way too.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We decided to go for the first time as they were having a special offer on all day breakfasts to celebrate their 10 year anniversary of opening. I thought it'd be nice to go and contribute to the local community and have a vegetarian breakfast.
The offer however only applied to the regular (non vegetarian) breakfast which I thought to be a little discriminatory. we paid the full price (£6.95 if I recall) for the veggie breakfast. I thought it to be a little steep but I understand some vegetarian ingredients such as sausages are a little more expensive than meat. However the breakfast consisted of everything you get on a normal breakfast minus the meat....no substitute for the sausages but perhaps an extra hash brown... That was very disappointing. It probably cost them less for this breakfast than a meat one yet they still charged full price on a day when their regular breakfast was only £3.25.....this has sold it to me and I shall not return for as long as I'm vegetarian!!
The coffee and walnut cake however was sublime !

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We visited JJ's on five different occasions during our fortnight stay up in Fort William in January. The surroundings are quaint, comfortable seating, lots of books to borrow with their book exchange deals, food to die for, big delicious breakfasts, lovely friendly helpful staff always please to see us. We are def going back there when we are up on holiday in Banavie next February.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

7 of us Stopped off the morning after climbing Ben Nevis (or not in my case) and the breakfast could not be faulted value for money friendly welcome and quality local produce thoroughly recommended