3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$86
PricelineUS$86
eDreamsUS$86
1,346 results
All reviews hallmark hotel two double beds buffet breakfast fried eggs bit dated no lift reception staff family room night break food was lovely course meal fish and chips both nights first class afternoon tea could not fault an overnight stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2021

This is a hotel of two halves. The public areas seems to have had a lot of money spent on them. Modern and stylish. The reception, bar and restaurant areas are very nicely done. The restaurant entrance is too narrow and the breakfast area poor.

The bedroom was terrible. Very old fashioned and inconvenient. New wallpaper behind the bed. The word 'premier' appears on the website which is beyond misleading! It wasn't until we got home that I compared the website pictures with what we actually had.... we had booked a long before and this was the last day of our holiday. The bed was once a king -size or similar. It has been reduced to a normal double. This leaves 6 inches each side on the headboard. The bedside table is thus too far from the bed to be used and has the only bed light. There is no light or table on the other side.
No USB sockets. No light switches by the bed. A horrible mat covering worn patches in the carpet at the foot of the bed. The hairdryer is screwed into the furthest possible drawer from the mirror and cannot reach it. The shower is dreadful with no pressure. .

Behind the scenes generally is dreadful. The fire escape has a pile of paint tins and stuff down one side and the remains of a meal or two on the floor on the other side. In an escape situation this would be dangerous. They were still there the following day despite the fire escape being used by housekeeping and the door propped open the following day.

Whilst the public areas, including restaurant, are well done, the restaurant is sadly lacking in capability. I had a steak. "Peppercorn sauce Sir?" " No thanks- do you have any others?" "No". The steak was good though.

Breakfast is everything pig (but lots of it.) Bacon, Sausages, Black pudding..... nothing at all for other choices or diets other than scrambled eggs.. If you didn't eat pig then stick to the toaster. Two staff on breakfast with COPT26 guests everywhere.... if you are short staffed why on earth insist on having staff serve the tea/coffee? Put a machine or two in... Staff were generally delightful.

Sorry guys- the room is important and you let me down here. (Over 50% of my reviews are 4 or 5 star btw)

Room tip: Ask for one like the website shows!
Date of stay: October 2021
Kaleigh-Anne Hannah, General Manager at Riverside Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2021

Hi thefeenee,

Thank you for sending feedback with regards to your recent visit. Please accept my apologise that you did not have an enjoyable experience on this occasion. Feedback is vital to allow us the opportunity to develop both the standards we strive to achieve and improve the training which we endeavour to deliver to our team.

Have a lovely day.

Reviewed 8 November 2021 via mobile

My son took me to his place of work his (mother) his gran and the grans man for dinner. Food was amazing the two female waitresses called Kerrie & Alyssa were very welled mannered place was lovely and clean the toilets were spotless to highly recommend I enjoyed my wee vist will be back again soon for loads of drinks this time lol thanks so much Scott morrison

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi 744lyn,

Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback regarding your recent visit. I am delighted to hear that you had a lovely time. We hope to welcome you back to Riverside Lodge again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2021

Arrived at the hotel to road signs saying Hallmark Hotel, when I never knew it was a Hallmark hotel, would be best to have the name Riverside Lodge signs, just my opinion. Plenty parking and lovely reception area/lounge.

Checked in ok and walked the very long corridor to our room which was way at the other end, room 119.

As soon as we walked in, I could smell bleach. Nice to know it is cleaned but bleach? If you have a chemical issue as I do, it’s not the best. Room furniture was a little tired. Wouldn’t take much to bring it back again, a little sand and re varnish. Decor nice enough but walls and ceiling could do with some fixing. There was patches of wallpaper covering bits here and there.

Restaurant. We added dinner on at reception to our B&B rate which was an extra £20pp on top of the £99 B&B rate. Way more expensive due to Cop26 apparently.
Food was lovely. Great service too. Disappointed for a hotel in Scotland not to have any Scottish lagers or beers though - what happened to buying local? I will give credit to offering Soave ice cream from Glasgow though.

3 stars for the rooms. Whilst checking out was pleasant, wasn’t asked if we enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: November 2021

Good Afternoon Sharnor,
Thank you for taking the time to send us the feedback from your recent visit. Whilst I am thrilled to hear that there were many enjoyable aspects of your stay, I would like to thank you for sending note of areas which we can improve. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto all of the relevant department heads to allow us the opportunity to work of these.
I hope that you will return to Riverside Lodge Hotel and visit us again.
Have a lovely weekend.

Reviewed 28 October 2021

Had an Itison 3 course meal for 4 people at hotel on Wednesday late afternoon. Had await of over 5 mins at dining reception as only two staff serving and taking phone bookings. Later on more staff arrived to serve in restaurant. The hotel is pleasant and the dinning room has good decor. The starters were good. Main course of fish and chips ok, one of the two burgers was cold and the steak pie did not contain the best of meat and was not tasty. When it came to the dessert the menu said most were gluten free and £6.95. Two of us asked for the gluten free strawberry cheesecake with fresh strawberries and a rather abrasive waiter told us only had ordinary strawberry cheescake. We were rather take aback by his rude manner. When cheesecake came it was American cheesecake and no fresh strawberries - not what was ordered. Complained about the service and order at that point and ordered the 3 ice creams instead - disappointing as the 3 balls were less than 1/2 the size of a golf ball and melting fast - took ages to serve. Overall poor service and food. Been before several times before covid and meals and service were good and since has gone downhill - not the only restaurant that has for some reason not continuing past standard - maybe trying to recoup lost revenue. Will need to significantly improve service and food before we ever return. Shame nice hotel.

Good Evening Highteas,

Thank you for sending us feedback regarding your recent visit. Please accept my sincere apologies that on this occasion the service you received was not of our usual standard. I will be sure to speak to chef with regards to the food and offerings. Again that you for bringing this to my attention.
I do hope that you will come back along to the restaurant & allow us the opportunity to reinstate your faith in us here at Riverside Lodge.

Reviewed 26 October 2021

My wife and I stayed on 20th & 21st October in room 160 on a B/B basis with dinner on the 2nd night. We had an excellent stay from the time we checked in until we left.

The room was outstanding, spotless, firm beds and complimentary wine on arrival.

The receptionist was welcoming, professional and informative as were all staff throughout our stay, a credit to the management of the hotel.

BREAKFAST
Breakfast was buffet, well organised with all staff that went out of their way with regards to service, special mention to Leah, the young waitress, friendly, chatty and efficient.
The food was fresh, plentiful and quickly replenished. We thoroughly enjoyed both breakfasts.

DINNER
Evening meal on the 2nd night was similarly very well organised and ran like clockwork. We both had pate for starters followed by the fish & chips. " Not just fish & chips", Riverside Lodge Fish & Chips, we both loved them, fresh fish, well presented and the batter was exceptional, compliments to the chef and kitchen staff .

All in all we had an excellent break and highly recommend the hotel

Room tip: Contact reception staff they are more than helpful

Hi joeeggGreenock,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to hear that you had such a lovely time. We do hope that you will come back and visit us again in the very near future.

Kaleigh-Anne