US$85
US$83
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$87
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$144
US$99
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$76
Ardfern Guest House(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Restaurant
Acer Guesthouse(Perth)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
bedfinder
All reviewsunder new managementhigh teahighland chickenengagement partythe portion sizebar and restaurant areasteak pieside saladbottle of fizzprawn cocktailgreat nightdinner bed breakfastglasgow roadon arrivalgenerous portionsevening meal was deliciousdated decor
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Came here for a meal on Friday with my family due to hearing good reviews from people I know and also the fact that I had worked at the lovat for 3 years before the new owner had taken over it.
We came for tea at 4pm which to me is not even teatime so shouldn't be a busy time as we couldn't reserve a table after 5pm for it being so busy!
First impressions of the hotel to what I knew it as was lovely, nice fresh decor and loving the cow pictures all about the hotel!
Service however was a bit iffy we really weren't greeted with a smile and the service throughout could have been a lot better, more chat would have been nice and to actually feel welcomed, especially seeing as though this was an 'assistant manager' given the service.
The menu looks fab now and quite modern but the food really wasn't up to scratch.
We had the mushrooms, haggis balls and the Brie to start. The starters were all good apart from my Brie where one of the small wedges of Brie actually had no Brie in it and it was just fried breadcrumbs! After waiting 25 minutes for three starters to come out we then waited another 35 minutes for the mains.
My mum had the steak pie which she would absolutely have again as she loved her main, the same with my dad who had the fajitas, absolutely massive portions worth the money!
My sister and I had two of the burgers. I had the Mississippi burger and she had the Mexicano burger.
The Mexicano burger meant to have jalapeños on it but never same with it so was not a very spicy burger.
My chicken burger was meant to come with bacon on it but this also didn't have it on it. For the amount of time waiting on the main course you would have thought that the burger stated on the menu would actually come out like you ordered.
The chicken on the burger was okay but little parts of it had pinky/red parts through it which wasn't very pleasant, I wasn't going to bother to complain as I don't like to create a fuss and also don't know how long it would have taken to actually make another one.
All in all the experience wasn't the best and hopefully that next time we try the Lovat hotel that it will be a much better experience with happier staff ☺️

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo B
LovatLucyS, Public Relations Manager at The Lovat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Jo,

It sounds as though you have caught us at our worst! I can only apologise for what seems to be a less than amazing experience.

We took over the hotel and knew we had a huge challenge ahead of us, but we like a challenge! I really appreciate that you don’t like to make a fuss, (neither do I,) but sometimes it’s necessary to raise concerns at the time. Trust me, we’ve been in this business for a long time and nothing is too much trouble - we would much rather fix things at the time.

I have spoken to our GM regarding your review, and we are going to hold a review of our staff training to ensure we are all on the same page.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hopefully we can change your opinion of The Lovat to a much better one.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter if you are interested in keeping up with our news!

*FOR BEST PRICES PLEASE BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE HOTEL.*

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my partner..
Requested a early check in which they gladly honered.... Room was basic... Doesn't look like the photos online... Decor was fairly outdated. The bathroom was awful... Toilet leaned to the right and floor felt unsteady.... Was fearful of falling through it. Staff seamed ok... Receptionist looked a bit annoyed as we came in as she was walking away from the desk. Bar area nice... Had a drink before we went out... Only off putting thing was school kids eatin lunch in the bar!! Brekkie was fab... Wide varity to choose from, cooked quick and tasted good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScotlandLittlemiss

Dear Scotland,

Thank you so much for your review! We are always open to criticism, and use it as a positive learning experience for our future.

We are currently undergoing renovations, which are progressing nicely, but unfortunately some rooms are not 100% perfect yet. Because our renovations are done, (mainly,) by the staff themselves, it can sometimes take a little longer than expected.

I have spoken to our reception team, and reminded them the importance of a friendly smile, and relaxed, welcoming atmosphere, so hopefully this will not happen again.

At The Lovat, we value our standing in our local community very highly, and creating a safe space for high school kids to come and eat at lunch time is a part of that. It in no way retracts from our hotel patrons, or adult customers - everyone is equal for us!

If you are interested in keeping up with the renovations, competitions and breaking news, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

*FOR BEST PRICES PLEASE CONTACT HOTEL DIRECTLY.*

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My sister-in-law and I had lunch here last week and it was great. Hadn't been for a very long time as our last meal here had been very disappointing, however whenever we entered the hotel we noticed a lot of changes for the better in the decor etc. and we discovered it had changed ownership when we spoke to the new owner. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the menu was extensive, prices very reasonable and the portion sizes were enormous! This will definitely be on our short list of favourites for our 'ladies who lunch' duo!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
LovatLucyS, Public Relations Manager at The Lovat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Elaine,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Stuart, (the owner,) is very driven and committed to restoring The Lovat to it’s former glory, in all aspects!

I’m very glad to hear that your LWL duo will be back again soon to count yourselves amongst our regulars!

If you are interested in keeping up with our renovations, offers and competitions, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

*FOR BEST PRICES PLEASE BOOK DIRECTLY WITH HOTEL.*

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Only stopped in for one night whilst on motorcycling holiday in the highland but was really pleased we used this hotel. Car park is solid and well lit to leave bike over night. Location is such you are confident it will be there in the morning. Room very clean and comfy. All the usual tea making facilities. Toilet smelt of bleach which I like, it means its been cleaned. Bar and restaurant area is good. Food was excellent both breakfast and evening meal. Good selection at the bar but could do to get Belhaven in. The staff were all friendly and efficient. The price was excellent, Bed, Breakfast, Evening meal and several drinks for two came out at less than £60 each. Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
LovatLucyS, Public Relations Manager at The Lovat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Ian,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's always lovely to read nice reviews! Car park security at The Lovat is a top priority, the owner is an ex bike owner, (funny what having a child does to you!) and we always welcome bikers, with a good knowledge of the importance of a safe parking area.

Personally, I like the smell of bleach too! It always reassures me that the cleanliness of the bathroom is absolute.

Our food and restaurant are two of the many jewels in our crown, and we certainly pride ourselves on the quality of all of our dishes, and the level of customer satisfaction that we can achieve.

In our bar we stock Caledonia Best as opposed to Belhaven, and while these two beers are very different, we have chosen Caledonia because it fits very well with our modern Scottish ideal. Cally Best is a distinctive, refreshingly modern beer for Scotland, launched in late 2011 and rooted in a progressive partnership with the nation’s barley farmers. It is brewed using 100 per cent Scottish barley and was created by a team that combines the most experienced and the youngest, most innovative master brewers.

Belhaven are a brewery with a long and distinguished history, and we have a great deal of respect for them, and their produce.

Hopefully we will be welcoming you back again soon, if you are interested in keeping up with our renovations, competitions and offers please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Kind Regards, and keep the shiny side up!

*FOR BEST PRICES PLEASE BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE HOTEL.*

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Just returned home from a few days break here and we're very pleased with this hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful kept the place immaculate !
Great selection of food and very reasonably priced and drinks included !
In a great position for exploring Perth and surrounding areas.
Rooms were spotless but a little dated but we didn't mind this, great facilities ! Hair dryer, iron, ironing table, trouser press, tea and coffee etc! Free wifi comfy beds but had to fight for duvet cover it was very small (room 219) nothing worth complaining about we all had a great stay and would definitely return !
Loved all the mcoo artwork !
Keep up all the great work Stuart and all the lovely staff

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LovatLucyS, Public Relations Manager at The Lovat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Wendy,

Wow! What a lovely review! It's so nice to hear that our staff are performing beyond their usual duties!

We are currently renovating all of our rooms to bring them into this century, and often post updates of our progress on Facebook and Twitter, (follow us and you can keep an eye on how we are doing! Plus get up to date offers and access to competitions,)

I often find that regardless of the size of the bed, or the duvet, it's a constant fight to get a corner! Perhaps we should look into the possibility of bed clamps? I know I could use one

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

*FOR BEST PRICES PLEASE BOOK DIRECTLY WITH HOTEL.*