US$105
US$87
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$98
US$82
  • Free Breakfast
US$180
US$95
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
  • Restaurant
Ardfern Guest House(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Acer Guesthouse(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$79
Alma Villa Guest House(Perth)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$80
All reviewsunder new managementhigh teahighland chickenengagement partythe portion sizebar and restaurant areasteak pieside saladbottle of fizzprawn cocktailgreat nightdinner bed breakfastglasgow roadon arrivalgenerous portionsevening meal was deliciousdated decor
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My wife and I arrived in Scotland, late. Our stay was unplanned, airline mess up put us into Scotland 14 hours late. We looked on the web for a hotel in Perth and saw the Best Western. We showed up at midnight, unannounced, with no booking, and were treated like family. The young man who helped us may not have had a lot of experience but handled the situation like a veteran. Shepherded us through the process, helped us to our room, even got us a glass of wine and a beer. The rooms were very clean, enough room to move about with all of our travel gear, even had plug-ins that we could find to charge our phones (not easy in some hotels) and the food in the morning was fantastic. The overall value was simply great! We would highly recommend this property to anyone! Thanks Best Western, if we are ever that way again we will definitely be in to say hello.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duncan W
LovatLucyS, Public Relations Manager at The Lovat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Duncan,

What a wonderful review! We endeavour to make sure people feel welcome regardless of advance booking, or time of the day.

Our night porter is relatively new to this business, so to hear how well he handled your check in makes us very proud!

Here’s hoping that the rest of your stay in Scotland went as smoothly as your stay at The Lovat! If you ever are in the area, pop in to see us for a glass of wine, (or a beer if you prefer!)

Pleased follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see all our breaking news, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Stayed here for 1 night on 30th September with my wife and adult son.
Impressed by the friendliness of all the staff which reflected a well run hotel.
The only downside was that the floor of the two bedrooms were very squeaky and badly uneven, in fact so uneven that walking could at time be difficult (and that was before I had any alcohol!!!). I am aware that this is an older building and perhaps the flooring is a problem in some areas. The rooms were certainly clean and I liked the decor, especially all the gorgeous Stephen Brown art along the corridors and in the dining areas. So good to see . There was a wedding function taking part, but this did not interfere at all with our good stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank thetraveller435

Dear Traveller,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It makes my day to see how much people enjoy our hotel, (we love Stephen Brown too - does it show?!)

You are 100% right when it comes to the flooring. The building is very old, and we are in the process, (amongst our other renovations,) of working out the most suitable way to replace flooring etc where necessary.

Please be assured that your kind comments have been passed on to our team, and hopefully we will be welcoming you back again soon.

In the meantime, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with all our news!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Came here for a meal on Friday with my family due to hearing good reviews from people I know and also the fact that I had worked at the lovat for 3 years before the new owner had taken over it.
We came for tea at 4pm which to me is not even teatime so shouldn't be a busy time as we couldn't reserve a table after 5pm for it being so busy!
First impressions of the hotel to what I knew it as was lovely, nice fresh decor and loving the cow pictures all about the hotel!
Service however was a bit iffy we really weren't greeted with a smile and the service throughout could have been a lot better, more chat would have been nice and to actually feel welcomed, especially seeing as though this was an 'assistant manager' given the service.
The menu looks fab now and quite modern but the food really wasn't up to scratch.
We had the mushrooms, haggis balls and the Brie to start. The starters were all good apart from my Brie where one of the small wedges of Brie actually had no Brie in it and it was just fried breadcrumbs! After waiting 25 minutes for three starters to come out we then waited another 35 minutes for the mains.
My mum had the steak pie which she would absolutely have again as she loved her main, the same with my dad who had the fajitas, absolutely massive portions worth the money!
My sister and I had two of the burgers. I had the Mississippi burger and she had the Mexicano burger.
The Mexicano burger meant to have jalapeños on it but never same with it so was not a very spicy burger.
My chicken burger was meant to come with bacon on it but this also didn't have it on it. For the amount of time waiting on the main course you would have thought that the burger stated on the menu would actually come out like you ordered.
The chicken on the burger was okay but little parts of it had pinky/red parts through it which wasn't very pleasant, I wasn't going to bother to complain as I don't like to create a fuss and also don't know how long it would have taken to actually make another one.
All in all the experience wasn't the best and hopefully that next time we try the Lovat hotel that it will be a much better experience with happier staff ☺️

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo B

Dear Jo,

It sounds as though you have caught us at our worst! I can only apologise for what seems to be a less than amazing experience.

We took over the hotel and knew we had a huge challenge ahead of us, but we like a challenge! I really appreciate that you don’t like to make a fuss, (neither do I,) but sometimes it’s necessary to raise concerns at the time. Trust me, we’ve been in this business for a long time and nothing is too much trouble - we would much rather fix things at the time.

I have spoken to our GM regarding your review, and we are going to hold a review of our staff training to ensure we are all on the same page.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hopefully we can change your opinion of The Lovat to a much better one.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter if you are interested in keeping up with our news!

*FOR BEST PRICES PLEASE BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE HOTEL.*

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my partner..
Requested a early check in which they gladly honered.... Room was basic... Doesn't look like the photos online... Decor was fairly outdated. The bathroom was awful... Toilet leaned to the right and floor felt unsteady.... Was fearful of falling through it. Staff seamed ok... Receptionist looked a bit annoyed as we came in as she was walking away from the desk. Bar area nice... Had a drink before we went out... Only off putting thing was school kids eatin lunch in the bar!! Brekkie was fab... Wide varity to choose from, cooked quick and tasted good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScotlandLittlemiss

Dear Scotland,

Thank you so much for your review! We are always open to criticism, and use it as a positive learning experience for our future.

We are currently undergoing renovations, which are progressing nicely, but unfortunately some rooms are not 100% perfect yet. Because our renovations are done, (mainly,) by the staff themselves, it can sometimes take a little longer than expected.

I have spoken to our reception team, and reminded them the importance of a friendly smile, and relaxed, welcoming atmosphere, so hopefully this will not happen again.

At The Lovat, we value our standing in our local community very highly, and creating a safe space for high school kids to come and eat at lunch time is a part of that. It in no way retracts from our hotel patrons, or adult customers - everyone is equal for us!

If you are interested in keeping up with the renovations, competitions and breaking news, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

*FOR BEST PRICES PLEASE CONTACT HOTEL DIRECTLY.*

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My sister-in-law and I had lunch here last week and it was great. Hadn't been for a very long time as our last meal here had been very disappointing, however whenever we entered the hotel we noticed a lot of changes for the better in the decor etc. and we discovered it had changed ownership when we spoke to the new owner. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the menu was extensive, prices very reasonable and the portion sizes were enormous! This will definitely be on our short list of favourites for our 'ladies who lunch' duo!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
LovatLucyS, Public Relations Manager at The Lovat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Elaine,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Stuart, (the owner,) is very driven and committed to restoring The Lovat to it’s former glory, in all aspects!

I’m very glad to hear that your LWL duo will be back again soon to count yourselves amongst our regulars!

If you are interested in keeping up with our renovations, offers and competitions, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.