US$71
Hotels.com
US$64
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Sunbank House Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$133
Priceline
Acer Guesthouse(Perth)(Great Value!)
bedfinder
All reviewsthe general managergroupon voucheron arrivalcourse mealmobility problemsfirst classbit datedcar parkfriendly hotelexcellent value for moneyfull scottish breakfastan overnight staycentral locationweekend breakpublic areasblack puddingcooked breakfast
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Had a 1 night stay booked through 5pm and unfortunately had to rebook due to a gas leak though the service was good on the phone rebooking for a Sat at no extra cost.

Good things:
Brilliant location
Good size room and bathroom
Everyone had a smile and was welcoming and friendly that we saw
Breakfast was really good (full Scottish with poached eggs)
Dinner good enough (edible but from frozen)
Great value

Not so good:
Paper thin walls. Not kidding here I've never experienced noise like it in hotels.
Very loud shower (though worked fine)
Coffee at breakfast was the worst I've ever tasted.
Bed on the hard side though good pillows provided
Our room on the top floor had windows that opened fully inwards which seemed a bit alarming from a H&S point of view

There is character about this hotel and the entrance lobby/cafe and bar are quite impressive and nice places to be!

You get what you pay for here but it's not bad at all. Have stayed in far worse hotels with worse service and poorer food.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevencarrie
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I booked an Itison deal for four, for a Sunday lunch 3 course meal and explained when booking that I was diabetic so would appreciate cheese and biscuits in place of a dessert, which was accepted. The restaurant has been closed so you eat in the bar area, which is fine. The soup and the pate were OK, but the roast beef was tough and chewy and had too much gristle, and the chicken curry was tasteless; both are to be avoided. The young waiter was friendly but knew nothing, and the chef was on his first day on is own. They had no cheese and biscuits, but after friendly persuasion they came up with some cheddar and a few biscuits, including one Weetabix - nobody could explain why! It was all friendly and courteous, and the Maitre d' did his best, but I will certainly not be going back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I stayed 1st-3rd September 2017 with my husband and 2 other couplesI have to say the room was very clean, though a wee bit tired looking. The restaurant wasnt open at all due to "Unforeseen circumstances". Neither was the Bar. Our breakfast on Saturday morning was only luke warm and on the sunday morning, there was no chef at all so we were told it was toast and cereal only. On arriving back on the Saturday evening none of our rooms had been serviced at all (3) . We could find anyone to complain to either. Only a night porter who hadnt a clue On checking out on the Sunday we left our room key on reception, again nobody around. This is only a 3* hotel but please.. not even to offer what it claims on its website is abysmal. The poor man doing front of house at breakfast each morning was totally embarrassed and when we said we were going to complain he looked relieved. His staff (2 young lads in the breakfast room) were obviously brand new that day and had in my opinion no training whatsoever and didnt even come forward to ask us if we wanted tea/coffee without prompting. I would say they had been put in at the deep end.. Where were the staff for this establishment ??? I wrote an e mail of complaint, didnt receive a reply only a 10% refund !!

Room Tip: Please do not stay here until the staffing and facilities are sorted out
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

First time in Gloucester and I got a bit lost on my way here late at night, rang the hotel and a lovely young lady gave me directions. Once I had arrived Claudia (the lady who gave instructions) and Leroy (the young man on the desk) welcomed me and informed me they had upgraded me! Stayed in a lovely room and met some great people in the bar attached. Honestly never been anywhere with friendlier staff who genuinely seem to care about you and what you're up to

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Chloe H
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Having just returned from a 3 night break at this hotel I just had to review it my husband and I went but almost didn't due to the reviews it had , we could not fault it in anyway when we arrived it appeared our booking had been cancelled the young man on reception quickly sorted this out ,the food was excellent huge portions ,the room was clean ,and the staff were lovely all very friendly,a special mention to Richard who has things running like clockwork hope to stay in the future.

Stayed: August 2017