Royal George Hotel
HIExpress.com
US$133
US$96
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$110
US$103
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$93
US$96
US$93
Hotwire.com
Rowanlea Guest House(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$76
US$66
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshigh teaoverlooking the rivermini suitechinese suitemr andersonmeringuecar parkgeorge streetqueen victoriatraditional hotelno liftbath towelswedding receptionsconeslovely hotelkipperstea or coffee
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I'm away from home 2 to 3 nights a week so I've got to know a lot of hotels and B&Bs in Scotland. A lot of 'traditional' Scottish hotels I've stayed in have been awful - tartan carpets, cracked bathroom suites, sagging beds and dusty window ledges - more like institutions than hotels.
But the Royal George isn't one of these. The room I stayed in had all the mod cons - powerful shower, marble tiled bathroom, flatscreen TV etc - but it also had charm and character.
The dining room which overlooks the garden and river is elegant and individual.
The staff were all warm and welcoming without being over familiar or intrusive.
It's a hotel that feels very much part of the local community - you can imagine bumping into a wedding guest or a family celebrating a Ruby Wedding anniversary as much as you might a tourist or a businessperson.
I really enjoyed my stay and will return next time I'm in Perth.
Finally, I accidentally lost my phone in the hotel and the staff not only went to a lot of trouble to find it but also posted it to me free of charge.
The Royal George is a county town hotel which manages to combine 21st century facilities and standards with old fashioned charm and hospitality. It's a hotel with great manners!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 27 September 2017

SO disappointed . On arrival we went to book a table for the restaraunt and was told no tables were available even at 6.30pm. On a a telephone call prior to bookingI was told all ok on arrival we can book into the restaurant. The room I was booked into had a variety of pigeons outside and so I was unable to open the window and it was warm that day. There was a wedding party and birthday party that day so appreciate that the hotel was busy but why were not told to book the restaurant anyway? No apology was given at any stage by the gent at the desk. I cancelled our return journey back from holiday stop over.

Room Tip: Front or side room. We were at the back.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stayed here for a weekend for a wedding - seemed a popular spot for wedding parties as there were guests from at least one other wedding staying too. Good atmosphere and a place full of the kind of character that must get tourists in the mood for a trip north to the Highlands/Deeside. Staff were very helpful. Room was comfortable with an excellent shower and a reasonable view of the Tay. Perhaps its greatest attribute though is the unmissable breakfast - what a feed!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ingolfsson
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Boyfriend and I stayed here over night bm,had a fab night's sleep bed was really comfortable breakfast was amazing..the view from our room looked on to the river yay was lovely..plenty to to and lots of shops and restaurants surrounding this hotel...would defo stay here again...staff were very pleasant and helpful..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mags74wilson
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Attended wedding in hotel and stayed overnight. Tried to book parking as we had very elderly parents with us but we're told it's first come basis. Room was fairly small with a very creaky floor so apologies to folk below us. Bathroom was dark and dingy with cracks everywhere. Towels (?) were probably the smallest we've ever had in a hotel and thinner than a pizza crust! Having said that the staff were charming, helpful and friendly - they make this hotel. Breakfast was ok but finishing at 0930 on a Sunday morning after a wedding? Would we stay again? At £105 for a night guess the answer is no. Then again if they get proper bath towels we might!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family