Dundarach Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Fisher's Hotel(Pitlochry)
Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$156
US$144
US$192
Atholl Arms Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$92
Agoda.com
US$255
Travelocity
US$209
Agoda.com
Birchwood(Pitlochry)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdining roommain buildingenchanted forestwalk into the town centrepre theatrenewer partvery clean hotelsmoked fishpitlochry festival theatrecharacter and charmfire doorsfour poster bedcooked breakfasthuge roomcosy loungean enjoyable staytraditional scottish hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2017

My husband and I spent two days here. We had a lovely big room with a dressing room, bath/shower room and the 'loo with a view'. The room was clean and comfortable, the food was excellent and the dining room looks over the garden where we we watched pheasants and red squirrels while having breakfast.The hotel is within easy reach of the town centre and the theatre. Early dining was available for those of us going to the theatre which is a ten minute walk away. Our room was on the ground floor, as we requested. It was lovely to watch the rooks and geese flying over before we got out of bed!

Room Tip: Not all the rooms will have the view across the valley that we had, so if that is important, ask when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian B
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This friendly family-run hotel is ideal for theatregoers to the nearby Pitlochry Festival Theatre. As well as including offers of free theatre tickets for those staying more than 2 nights, the pre-theatre dinner from 6 p.m. is perfectly timed for the theatre's 8 p.m. curtain. The ever-changing view from the restaurant is also a great attraction - I spotted a pheasant and a red squirrel in the gardens one evening - this hotel cannot be beaten for great accommodation with free wifi and friendly and efficient staff.

Room Tip: Annex ground floor level good for elderly people.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I think amazing is just about all that needs to be said about this hotel. We had a very emotional visit to this hotel this weekend to honour a booking made by my dad who sadly passed away 5 weeks ago. He was an annual visitor to this beautiful hotel and I now know why. I cannot rate everything and everyone highly enough. We were made to feel most welcome and the rooms/staff and meals were just perfect. I look forward to further visits here in the future. Thank you very much to each and every member of the management and staff for a wonderful stay. Look forward to seeing you all again soon

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank rwk40
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We had a superior room in the newer annexe. The room was excellent with beautiful views. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was well cooked with a good variety to choose from and we were served by such pleasant efficient staff. The views of the garden and beyond from the dining room were stunning. The hotel had a very friendly feel to it and was very well run. All the staff we encountered were so helpful and are a credit to this hotel. I would highly recommend the Dundarach and would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 571Anhe571
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I chose this hotel because of the pictures on the site and its short distance into town.
We checked in to a beautiful old Georgian house then the chap said he'd help us with our bags. He promptly turned us around and marched us out of the main house into a very 70's annexe. The view from our room was the car park, we were amongst beautiful scenery, and we couldn't see any of it.
The room was ok, very dated BUT OK, and that's my point really, if I'd booked a room in the annexe it would of been ok.
Breakfast saved the day really, we were able to see the view that the "others" had been seeing since yesterday, and it was beautiful.
The breakfast was great too, my wife said it was the best scrambled egg she had ever tasted, a great accolade.
I did mention that I didn't expect to be in the annexe when I booked, the lady at reception said maybe next time we could stay in the house, sadly I don't think there will be a next time.

Room Tip: Check whether you are in the main house or annexe, then you won't be shocked!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple