“A good Spoons”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had dinner and breakfast here. The food was good, as we'd expect from this chain. They have a pizza oven, so tried haggis pizza, it was fab! It was very clean and the staff where really nice.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went here on a Friday night and the place wa very busy but we managed to get a table. The food was hot and tasty and the prices unbelievable. Very good value for money

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On a National Holidays trip to nearby Monkton I always look for the nearest Wetherspoons and this was the West Kirk a very impressive old church which had been preserved to a very high standard however I was amazed at some of the prices Guinness was reasonably priced but when I decided to have a Bacardi & Coke I was amazed to see the price for a double was £6.50 which equates to £84 a bottle Thinking it must be a mistake I asked at the bar and was told it was due to the recent changes to the price structure for alcohol in Scotland so could not argue with that but the following day visited a Wetherspoons in CENTRAL Glasgow and was charged £2 less which would suggest the Scottish laws differ in different areas. Food prices in the West Kirk and the bar service was spot on but another let down was the hike to the toilet up past the pulpit past where I should imagine the choir sat and the further up to where the organ would have sat.I would suggest if yo want to go to the toilet plan well ahead Would I visit again NO don't think so

WestKirk, Manager at The West Kirk, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit but it's a shame you weren't so pleased with our pricing. Unfortunately due to the licensing laws in South Ayrshire, we are double the price for a double measure of spirit and there is no way of changing this due to our license. Other areas of Scotland do have slightly different pricing structures that are allowed in their area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited in June, service very poor - when we eventually received our meals looked as though they had been sitting for ages on hot plate, so bad my husband didn't eat much of his curry dish !!!
Definitely need more staff, Will not be visiting this Wetherspoons again, not up to the standard of other Wetherspoons ☹

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went in here for breakfast
Very clean