All reviews legends restaurant preachers pub former convent executive floor central location centre of town lovely hotel would highly recommend this hotel pubs and restaurants shannon airport visiting ennis county clare saturday night bar food chapel ireland library
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Good central location in town and close to shops and restaurants. Friendly staff, easy check-in and check-out, nice public areas like lobby, bar, library room and entrance hallway. Bedrooms and bathrooms need updating and modern decor, including furniture, full size hairdryers and tvs. Breakfast was sadly too greasy, fatty bacon rashers and no mushrooms or beans on the full Irish option. Will try a hotel in Limerick next time in area.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarieFaughnan, Manager at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on your recent stay. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our location and that you found our staff to be friendly. We are constantly striving to improve our hotel and currently we are renovating our suite to enhance the overall experience for our guests. We have upgraded all our TV's to digital flat screens in all our rooms in the last six months. We have upgraded all our bedding such as duvets and pillows to superior quality down.

I will address the quality of our breakfast with our kitchen team to improve our offering in line with guest expectations. I do hope that f in the area again that you would afford us an =other opportunity

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely from the outside but room was very standard and dirty , bed was like a slab of concrete and had an awful nights sleep we would not recommend this place !
Was one plus and that was the breakfast .

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarieFaughnan, Manager at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay. I do believe a member of our management team met you during your stay to discuss any issues you felt you had.

Thank you for your comments on breakfast which I have passed along to our team here.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We stayed at the Temple Gate Hotel on a tour of Scotland and Ireland and I'm sorry that we were only here for 1 night. This is a lovely hotel with a good "Irish feel" to it. The staff was great and showed a lot of Irish hospitality. There are a great restaurant and pub onsite and the facilities are very good and well maintained. Our room was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely stay on this hotel on my next trip to Ireland.
We stayed at this hotel as part of a 15-day tour of Ireland and Scotland with CIE Tours. This hotel was selected by CIE and was one of 9 hotels we stayed in during our 2-week tour. We had 31 people in our group and typically occupied 16 rooms at each hotel we visited. Each hotel provided a full buffet breakfast every morning and typically we had dinner at least once at each hotel. We were at this hotel for 1 night.
We had 1 dinner and 1 breakfast here. The breakfast buffet was a traditional Irish breakfast (eggs, ham, sausage, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, haggis and a nice assortment of pastries and cereal).

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am delighted to read you kind comments and have passed them along to our team here. Thank you for taking the time to write the review and I would be delighted t welcome you back if in the area again.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel in the centre of the town close to all amenities. Staff very professional and friendly. Stayed here with a young baby, the facilities and room service was amazing. Would highly recommend this hotel.
Michelle on the reception desk was fantastic - thank you temple gate

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dearbhla A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a fabulous review. I was delighted to pass along your comments to Michelle who always goes the extra mile to look after our guests.

We are always delighted to welcome our youngest guests and endevour to do what we can to ensure Mum & Dad get what they need to ensure a restful stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a tour group. Rooms are adequate but clean, location is fantastic; I could and did easily venture into town on my own often. Where this hotel stands out is it’s incredible service. I ended up sick midway through my stay, and I can’t properly convey how warm, helpful, and solicitous the staff was; they truly helped me through an unfortunate rough patch on my holiday. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you!!

What a glorious review. Its never easy to be sick while away from home and we all understand that. I am glad you made a speedy recovery and we were able to assist during your stay.

Kind regards,