“Magical night kayaking on Castlehaven Bay!”

Atlantic Sea Kayaking
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in the South West of Ireland along the Wild Atlantic Way and established in 1995. We are Ireland's premier sea kayaking company. We believe in providing a safe, enjoyable and memorable experience for all who join us. You can paddle along the tranquil River Lee in Cork City (rated #3 Top City to visit in the Lonely Planet)or explore the shores of West Cork by sea kayak.
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Absolutely adored our trip with Atlantic Sea Kayaking! Between the amazing guides, the beautiful bay, and the bioluminescence, it was an absolutely magical trip.

2  Thank Laura P

Reviewed 21 May 2017

A relaxing night time kayaking trip on a unique location in beautiful surroundings. Well organised, informative and entertaining which made it stress free for the entire group which was a complete mix of abilities. I would highly recommend this as an enjoyable activity suitable for anyone who enjoys the outdoors. I could have stayed out all night quite happily and will certainly return.

1  Thank 80bgt
Reviewed 18 May 2017

My friends and I loved our experience with Atlantic Sea Kayaking. From the beginning they were very patient with our inquiry/questions (emailed them a few months beforehand) and our guides for the paddle, Caroline and Mike (I'm sorry if I spelled your names wrong!) were wonderful. They made sure everyone was comfortable and felt safe for the entire excursion. They were also very passionate about it all, especially Caroline who kept emphasizing how amazing every little thing was. It was about a 3 hour paddle and the bioluminescence of the lake was so surreal. Caroline if you ever read this, I hope you get to see fire flies some day :)

Love from Canada, Gurleen

1  Thank Gurleen S
AtlanticSeaKayaking, Owner at Atlantic Sea Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

We try hard so it is great to hear feed back . The guys are passionate about kayaking and people.
Both great guides.
Jim

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We loved our trip with Atlantic Sea Kayaking. We enjoyed a lovely evening of kayaking out on Lough Hyne and even got to see the bioluminescent plankton! The tour guide was fantastic. Note that you can get to the meeting point using Google Maps by searching for the Lough Hyne Car Park - it takes you right to where you need to be! Only disappointment was that we weren't allowed to take photos, and the guides don't photograph the experience. I'll remember it forever, but wish I had some pictures to remember the night even more.

1  Thank Sarah W
AtlanticSeaKayaking, Owner at Atlantic Sea Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you for taking time to give us those kind words , Really glad you enjoyed the experience.
It was a beautiful night ,
Just to clear up about photographs,
There is no problem taking photographs . What we ask people not to do is use video as it only records conversations (often private as we stay close to each other at night )the night is dark so the lens wont record. By all means photographs are allowed but then again flashes tend to upset others in the group and interfere with night vision.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

My friend & I had a trip booked with Atlantic Sea Kayaking for Saturday, starting at 2pm on their 3 hour paddle trip.
The guides and organisers are super friendly - they couldn't do enough for you, and they really make you feel welcome and most importantly of all, safe.
We were all suitably prepped and got out on the water in our kayaks, being out on the water and paddling was amazing - so relaxing.
This trip was lovely, but we felt a little disappointed when we had done 2 of the 3 hours paddling and felt that the guides were unsure of what to do with us next - we didn't go out far, which is fine as the group was of mixed ability, but we were bobbing around on the water for quite a while, and back in our car driving home again by 4.30pm, despite the tour not supposed to be finished before 5pm.
I hate not leaving top reports for companies on here, especially as they were all so amazing and lovely - but just felt this was one thing we felt let down on. I would come back and try them again.

1  Thank Tess_Milton
AtlanticSeaKayaking, Owner at Atlantic Sea Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Hello Tess,
Thank you for taking the time to give us the feed back . We are glad you enjoyed the trip at some level. We take huge pride here in giving all of our visitors an amazing and full experience.
So we are are saddened to hear this.
I have spoken with the guide in person and it seems there may have been a communication and time mix up.
We had a two hour trip on as well that day and lines got crossed.
Fortunately this is most unusual . Please accept our apologies and of course if you do return we will be delighted to give you a complementary trip. If you prefer we will of course give you a full refund.
We have made some adjustments with our booking system and are certain this will not happen again.
Again or sincere apologies. Thank you for letting us know .
Jim