“A magical evening on the waters of West Cork”

Atlantic Sea Kayaking
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in the South West of Ireland along the Wild Atlantic Way and established in 1995. We are Ireland's premier sea kayaking company. We believe in providing a safe, enjoyable and memorable experience for all who join us. You can paddle along the tranquil River Lee in Cork City (rated #3 Top City to visit in the Lonely Planet)or explore the shores of West Cork by sea kayak.
Reviewed 16 August 2017

If you want a truly memorable experience whilst staying in West Cork, do not miss an opportunity to go out night kayaking with Jim Kennedy and his team from Rene pier and round Castlehaven and Castletownshend. Atlantic Sea Kayaking is a brilliantly organised company, on arrival there is plenty of parking, all the equipment you need to stay warm and dry and buckets of West Cork wit from Jim as he talks you through the safety rules and the plan for the evening. I cannot remember when I last spent two and a half more peaceful hours soaking up the beauty, the wildlife and the atmosphere and the highlight was without doubt the magnificent phosphorescence in the water as the evening light had faded. Jim's local as well as historical knowledge of the area brings the whole experience to life and it was without doubt the best experience of my holiday in the Skibbereen area.

AtlanticSeaKayaking, Owner at Atlantic Sea Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you for the great review , Delighted you had a good time .
Jim and Gang

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Myself and my sister had a great experience from start to finish with Declan. It was such a relaxed, interesting trip, with interesting history and chat along the way. Was three hours well spent and well worth the money!

Great you enjoyed it thank you for taking time to let TA know ,

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I booked the trip not knowing what to expect from kayaking at night without any head torch or how to see where I'm going.

IT'S AMAZING. One of the most amazing thing we have ever done. Our guides, Mike and Caroline were great craic. Had some cool info about the area, local history and great knowledge of the harbour. We paddled all the way up to the back of the harbour only to be amazed by the stunning bioluminescence of the plankton.

This was really special. We had great cloud cover which allowed us see this amazing life under the water. When you put your hand under water you could see little beads of light drip off when you lift your hand out. Just amazing.

Plenty of gear was provided to keep us warm and dry.

We were gutted to have to finish up. Would have stayed out there for hours. The silence and tranquillity was beautiful.

It's a must if you're in the area.

AtlanticSeaKayaking, Owner at Atlantic Sea Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know that you enjoyed the experience. I will pass it on to Caroline and Mike.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I highly recommend this unique kayaking experience! This is actually the second time that I have done the Starlight/Moonlight Kayaking Tour! The first time I went was in 2015 on Lough Hyne and I have recommended it so many times to friends since. I am delighted to have experienced the Reen Pier excursion too! The bioluminescence is so amazing, it was nice to see that it wasn't just my imagination exaggerating the experience the first time, it really is magical.
I also really enjoyed all the information and facts about Lough Hyne on the first trip.
Thank you for this experience, I will continue to encourage people to make the trip!

2  Thank Rebekah M
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This was a truly amazing and unique experience! Our guides were great, the moon was beautiful, and the bioluminescence was magical!

I wouldn't trade this tour for anything in the world.

AtlanticSeaKayaking, Owner at Atlantic Sea Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

We wouldn't trade it for anything either ,
Thank you for joining us and taking the time to let us know.