Imperial Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$369
US$435
US$372
US$350
2,259 results
All reviewspembroke restaurantescape spasouth mallvitality suitecar parkcork cityenglish marketold world charmsuperior roomthe penthouseafternoon teacentral locationfantastic locationcity breakhotel restaurantchecking outlast weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The Imperial Hotel is located in downtown Cork within walking distance of shopping and nightlife. We were traveling by car and found it difficult to find. The parking garage where Imperial's guests park is at least three to four blocks from the hotel which was a negative.

The hotel is a bit rundown and the room was small and on the "street-side" so we heard a lot of noise well into the night.

The restaurant was just so-so but the buffet breakfasts were very good. The best thing about the place was their doorman, Christy, who served as a reliable resource for restaurant recommendations and made the check-in/check-out experiences much easier.

We would NOT recommend the Imperial in Cork.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernard B
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Excellent location in the heart of the city. The restaurant there is a must! Beer tasted food like it before, the monkfish is to die for. Staff were fantastic and made you feel so welcome especially as they were busy. The rooms are lovely and the beds are especially comfy. I would highly recommend this hotel whatever your trip to Cork is for.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I was part of a group traveling around Ireland prior to the Navy-Notre Dame football game in Dublin. We stayed two nights at the Imperial Hotel. The hotel itself is an example of an older, non-chain European hotel. One should not expect the Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn experience, since older hotels have limitations for being retrofitted with modern amenities.

My room was perfectly adequate for a single person. It overlooked the main entrance courtyard, which could be noisy at times. We were experiencing very warm weather on our trip, so I opened the windows during the daytime. But at night I couldn't keep them open due to the noise; however, there was a fan in the wardrobe and it offered some air movement and white noise to cover sounds from the outside. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. My sister and brother-in-law had one of the rooms that had the double bed plus a single bed. While this made the room smaller, they prefer having two beds so it worked out fine for them.

We ate breakfast and dinner together as a group in the hotel dining room. It was very good; there was more than enough food. The wait staff was friendly and the service was pretty speedy, considering there was at least one other group in the hotel at the same time.

We did have lunch one day in the little cafe just inside the front entrance of the hotel. It was delightful -- we especially liked the soup. The hotel is within walking distance of all that Cork has to offer. We are early risers and like coffee first thing in the morning. But what was the only place we could find open before 8 AM? McDonalds. We decided that people in Cork don't get to work as early as Americans do!

Room Tip: In warmer weather, ask for a room away from the entrance court yard if you want to sleep with the windows open.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed in The Imperial Hotel from 12th to 14th September and have to say on the whole I did find the stay very enjoyable. My boyfriend and I were staying for a couple of days to visit friends and family and decided to treat ourselves to a couple of nights in the hotel.

I think that generally we did enjoy the hotel and the staff were very helpful and polite. The concierge in particular should be singled out for praise as he was very friendly and helpful and ordered us a taxi and transported our suitcases out to the taxi for us.

We had a dinner in the hotel on the Thursday night but we were a little disappointed. When my seafood chowder arrived it was just about lukewarm which wasn't really acceptable. My steak was nice and tender but my boyfriend's steak was overdone when he had asked for medium. However, breakfasts were excellent, plenty of choice and the Irish breakfast is highly recommended.

Our room was very cosy, a bit small but still very nice. Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean and towels were repalced each day as well as soaps, shampoos, etc.

On the whole a great stay with a couple of minor downsides. Great for a city break as you are a few minutes walk from everything really. Another downside was the 3pm check in. Would be nicer to check in a little bit earlier.

Still, a hotel that really has a lot of charm and is very well presented and excellent if you want to stay somewhere quiet and comfortableand immerse yourself in some Cork history!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I really like this Hotel, its really nice in the winter time, I stayed in the penthouse suite for two nights it was great, it would be a great place to host a small intimate party.The restaurant serves a good choice of food which has always been delicious when I have eaten there, The new fish hatch which seves take away fish is great, The aveda spa is really relaxing and I would highly recommend a massage, I have been there many times and always feel relaxed afterwards

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family