Imperial Hotel
US$159
Travelocity
  • Pool
2,278 results
All reviewspembroke restaurantescape spasouth mallvitality suitecar parkcork cityenglish marketold world charmsuperior roomthe penthouseafternoon teacentral locationfantastic locationcity breakhotel restaurantchecking outlast weekend
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This is probably our 9 or 10th visit to cork and to the imperial hotel. The location is excellent walkng distance to everything. We had lunch and one dinner in a three night b&b package. Our room has recently been renovated very tastefully. Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice (I still miss the scones) dinner at Pembroke restaurant lovely helped with a bottle (we are on holiday). Mithu was our very attentive waiter.
Just a few changes to the hotel in the last few years ; miss the scones and my husband checked the door every morning for newspaper he loved having the paper delivered.
We really enjoyed our stay in cork thanks for lovely relaxing comfortable and enjoyable few days. Bring back newspaper and scones.
;

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your continued, loyal support of the Imperial, it means the absolute world to me and my team.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and especially pleased that you were impressed with our newly renovated bedrooms, the project has only just completed! The scones are still here and so are the complimentary newspapers, which is the Irish Examiner, I have no idea why this was not evident with your stay and can only apologize unreservedly, thank you for bringing this to my attention!

I look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Stayed here for a very brief business trip and we couldn't fault the hotel one bit, actually it's a bit of a find. Walking distance to everything, rooms were large and spotlessly clean. I was initially concerned about the parking but it is very close and more importantly secure and the staff are so accommodating and explain everything so well. There's a lovely feeling of old school charm and history in the building. Not your generic hotel, really loved it! Don't hesitate,book it!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Guest

Such a pleasure to read your review, thank you for sharing your experience with us and others.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and so pleased that you found our Hotel charming, unique and above all friendly and professional. We are the oldest Hotel in Cork city, family owned and managed and above all traditional and are very much committed to staying true to our roots and reflect old school hospitality delivered in a an elegant, exquisitely comfortable environment.

I am delighted you found us and I hope we can be your home away from home in Cork for many years to come.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband had a business appointment in Cork so we decided to stay over the night before as it's a long way from home ! The Imperial suited us both perfectly both for location and value for money . As mentioned the car park is across the river so it was a case of setting down outside hotel , running in to fetch a car park card and directions and then while my husband parked the car the concierge ( a lovely guy called Gabriel, who was the most helpful concierge I've ever met - fantastic ) took care of our luggage , checking in and showing me to our beautiful room. Decor was a mix of modern and traditional and everywhere was spotless . My husband walked back in 5 minutes he reckoned . We ate in the Pembroke and it was lovely , as was the breakfast next morning . The bar was very impressive and we got a bit too comfortable in the big Queen Anne chairs ! The hotel has a lively buzz about it and the staff were so welcoming we felt right at home .Just sorry we didn't have more time to try the spa, although I did get a couple of hours in the shops which are literally round the corner. A very enjoyable stay and where we will return if we get the chance in the future.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us for your overnight stay in Cork.

I am delighted you had a comfortable and enjoyable time and so pleased that every aspect of your stay impressed. We want to create long term relationships with our customers that will hopeful see them return to us again and again, your wonderful feedback is incredibly motivating for me and my team and I am very grateful and appreciative that you took the time to write about us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

2nd stay here for a business trip. Fantastic location, room was very clean, very comfy. The best part of the stay was the staff - Extremely helpful, always smiling and went out of their way to ensure your stay was fab. A particular mention to Eoin on the reception desk - He is an asset to the team and really is a customer service specialist.

I look forward to many more trips to Cork and am planning on staying at this hotel for all the points mentioned above.

Kind regards,
Dan

Room Tip: Great Quality, very nice food
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your continued support of the Imperial, your loyalty means the world to me and my team.

I am delighted you enjoyed your second stay with us and so pleased that the service you received, in particular from Eoin, was such a highlight. We want to hang our hats on delivering exceptional service experiences and your positive feedback is incredibly motivating for us all.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, I look forward to welcoming you back and if I can ever personally assist, prior or during your next stay at The Imperial please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel with a very good location with very close proximity to the main city centre. Car park is approx a 5 min walk away across the river which wasn’t a problem for us but it’s not located onsite. We had a family room booked and arrived in Cork at noon- room wasn’t ready until 4pm- again we were ok with this but, if you are arriving early maybe best to request a priority checking in time.
Rooms were very comfortable- fabulous shower etc. family room may be a little cramped but we found it excellent value for money.
Breakfast buffet was lovely with everything you would expect and the hotel offered a la carte options also.
Beautiful decor and ambiance around and staff more than helpful. The manager in particular was excellent. He was there on our arrival and wished us well on departure- always a nice touch.
I also noticed they provide a lovely afternoon tea, reasonably priced and looked lovely.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing The Imperial.

I am happy to read than you enjoyed your stay, we want all our guests to feel truly comfortable and at home and your positive feedback is very motivating for me and my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back and if I can ever personally assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me on Fpotgieter@ImperialHotelCork.ie