Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork
US$174
US$133
Agoda.com
1,179 results
All reviewsmilitary hillhill overlooking the citynight portersteep hillcity centrelovely hotelbridal suitehotel restaurantfull irishlarge roomfrom start to finishstayed here for one nighttop classbalconycookhousereceptionistwedding
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I stayed here for one night on business. The location is fantastic, a brisk 10 minute walk into the city (downhill, maybe a bit slower on the way back up the hill!)

The room was large, comfortable and the view of the city was excellent. The ceilings are so high that it almost felt like there was wasted space and a small mezzanine area could be included to make the rooms spectacular.

The hotel felt a little dated in places, like they'd upgraded parts but not everything.

The staff at check in were courteous and reserved, maybe not the most friendly. However when I was asking to watch football in the bar/restaurant the staff were extremely helpful and directed me to where I may be able to see the game I wanted as they didn't have Sky Sports (which I found a bit unusual).

When I went to shower the next morning the shower was freezing and no matter what I did I couldn't get hot water. I was in a rush so didn't contact reception to get it fixed.

While I was there I went to the gym, which is a little dated & could do some with a better mix of equipment.

The breakfast was nice, staff were friendly.

Overall it's a nice hotel but I think there's better available in close proximity in a similar price bracket.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We totally enjoyed our stay at at the ambassador hotel our room was beautiful and with a balcony overlooking the port a great space with a lovely bathroom all of which was spotless. Our only negative experience was the food. Breakfast was terrible and our late afternoon snack was almost uneatable. The food was so unappetising we braved the elements and walked into town where we had a beautiful meal in Quinland's. My advice to the chiefs is that it would be most beneficial for them to go visit the Priory in Youghal and have their breakfast which was scrumptious !!! We would definately stay here again but not for the food.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MurphyMcCann
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very nice hotel! Well maintained throughout. The staff was wonderful and very helpful! It took a certain amount of time in our room for the hot water to flow out from our sink and shower. The parking was a challenge on our first night because of the wedding function going on. I was surprised that the parking was not blocked out better for staying hotel guests. The restaurant within the hotel had good food – steak, Irish hamburger, fish & chips, etc. We stayed two nights.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just a disappointing room, not remotely worth the cost!! The room was basic, was missing a lamp and had no hair dryer which took multiple attempts to obtain from staff.

The bathroom was disgusting!!! Attempted to run a bath but the water came out really cloudy to the point it was unuseable. The tap constantly dripped to the point that it had worn away the bath surface and most disgustingly the towel rail had chunks out of it and was rusting. There was just no evidence of any care or attention in the room.

In regards to the staff we both found the reception staff quite rude and dismissive. When we attempted to phone reception were unable to get an answer and when we went to recpetion the following morning, the receptionist made it obvious the distain she had in our request for a hairdryer to be in the room. This is supposd to be a 4 star hotel, this should just be standard!!!

Quite unusually also, when we went into the room we were immediately met by a staircase up to the bedroom, which we were unaware of....which could be very challanging for some guests!!

The hotel bar was very poorly stocked and unable to make several of the listed cocktails on their menu as a result however staff in the breakfast restaurnt were so frienldy and welcoming, they made sure that all of the food was served quickly and were very accomodating to the gluten free requirement of one of us!

All in just a generally disappointing experience, for the cost of staying here, it is very poor value for money.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited here for one night. Wish we could’ve stayed longer. Rooms were spacious and well-appointed, and there were heated towel racks in the bathrooms. Our room faced town and the river, but the girls’ room faced the neighborhood behind the hotel. Beds were comfortable. The “health club” is recently updated though fairly cursory, and the sauna is nice and hot. Close walk to downtown, about 15 minutes. Lots to do and see in Cork. We saw a show at the Opera House. Wanted to visit the Jameson distillery but ran out of time. Next time!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family