“Only 1 day...will be back for more”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Only 1 day...will be back for more”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked into Hayfield Manor Hotel at short notice for 1 evening on a business trip and found a gem......the hotel is great with fantastic bedrooms, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was tremendous. I am in Cork on a regular basis and I will be trying my hardest to make this hotel my base every time I go there.
I found this hotel by mistake as it is well out of the way so do yourself a favour look out for it and try it out!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Guest Stjimi,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time and effort to write your great review.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent experience with us. Thank you for all of the great comments and feedback about our hotel, cuisine and our staff. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to the whole team.

We strive on a daily basis to exceed our customer's expectations and to make Hayfield Manor their home away from home, and I am delighted that you felt this throughout your stay.

We would love to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Dublin
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is our 5th time to stay in Hayfield Manor and as ever it was fantastic. I requested a particular room on booking and this was no problem at all - they were happy to oblige. The staff are always amazing and have a real interest in their guests and nothing is too much for them.

We had afternoon tea on our first day which was absolutely stunning both in terms of taste and presentation - it was like a work of art! The breakfast is probably the best breakfast in any hotel we have stayed in.

It was mother's day when we were there and the hotel was heaving so we opted to spend the afternoon in the pool/gym which was great. Even though the place was really busy the service was still first class and the staff were fantastic.

I can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest MaggieDublin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again, and also for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear that your most recent experience at Hayfield Manor was so enjoyable. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments, particularly about our cuisine and our leisure facilities. I will be certain to extend your gratitude on to the whole team, I am sure they will be delighted.

Thank you once again for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor once again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My partner and I are on the final 24 hours of a four-day chill out at this beautiful hotel in Cork city just beside University College Cork. It has lived up to our expectations in every respect - quality of accommodation, range and quality of hotel services. The country house setting is magnificent, with stunning, beautifully maintained gardens glowing with colour and greenery. Given its period architecture the room in which we are staying, on the third and top floor, has limitations with its slanted roof. However, it is at ground floor level that this hotel excels with library, drawing room, bar and restaurants. Padded in dark woods, rich dark colours, leather sofas and fires, one is enveloped in warmth and comfort. If we were to offer suggestions to the hotel it would be to ensure that the bathrooms add the practical item of a shower that has a flexible option rather than being fixed, to review the cooking of pasta which was rather bland. Having said that, the gluten free scones were a revelation. The one aspect that has ensured that we will definitely be back is the attitude of the staff. Their professionalism, but more than anything, their genuine nature and desire to fulfill every need is truly outstanding!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest Margaret361,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Cork, and also for taking the time and effort to write your great review.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent experience with us. Thank you for all of the great comments and feedback about our hotel, particularly our decor and our staff. I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to the whole team.

Thank you once again for your helpful comments. I can assure you that I have taken your feedback on board.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I would say the range of excellent reviews for service and accommodations are correct. But, for my sister and myself we never felt quite comfortable. We are not used to that type of luxury and attentive service. Conversely it was also the hotel where we got the worst nights sleep of our vacation, having to knock on our walls to ask our neighbors to keep ther voices down or to stop singing to themselves at 2AM in the morning. So, if you are looking to be pampered this is the place to go in Cork. If the "fu fu chi chi" makes you uncomfortable I recommend looking elsewhere. Had we not prepaid we would have moved on.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lhansen80
Dear Guest lhansen80,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the noise disruption during your stay. I am truly sorry that you experienced such an inconvenience, and I can assure you that I have taken your comments on board. It is only by listening to our guest feedback that we can continue to strive and exceed all expectations.

Thank you for the wonderful positive comments on areas of the hotel, and in particular our service and accommodations; they are very much appreciated by myself and the whole team.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back, hopefully in the near future.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Just a short little note to hugely compliment this hotel. I went away with my husband for a weekend break and all we wanted to do was sleep in, eat delicious food, enjoy a few drinks and really soak in all the benefits of a 5 star hotel feeling relaxed and rejuvinated after our stay. Thats exactly how we felt afterwards. From the moment we arrived we were instantly hit by the old world glamourous and relaxed feeling in the hotel. It was gorgeous. The staff and service was fantastic. Dinner and the ambience in the restaurant was very good and our room was incredibly comfy and stylish. We loved it and would highly recommend it for a weekend break.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest Tracy H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent experience with us. Thank you for all of the great comments and feedback about our hotel, cuisine and our staff, who truly are the backbone of Hayfield Manor. I will be sure to pass on your gratitude to the whole team. It was also wonderful that you enjoyed the cuisine on offer and thank you for supporting our restaurants.