“Never again..... Avoid”
Review of Eddie Rockets - CLOSED

Eddie Rockets
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 November 2014

Ordered four items for take away on a Saturday evening. Was initially informed that this would be a 30min wait. As it appeared busy I decided to wait. After 40 mins I inquired about my order and was told 'soon'. 10 mins later I again questioned staff about my order. After much confusion 2 take away containers, which I had seen sitting before me for 30mins we put in a bag, while kitchen staff quickly reheated a burger patty and took a portion from another order to complete order. Food is completely below par. During my hour at the counter I did not witness one single burger patty being cooked from fresh. All appear to have been cooked beforehand, kept warm and put on grill for a few seconds before being slopped up to customers. I have never experienced such poor performance, across the board.
I would NOT recommend this establishment to anybody. €30 completely wasted on
- an hours wait
- cold, shrivelled precooked food
- worst consumer experience I have ever had.

Kenneth O, Manager at Eddie Rockets, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2014

Thank you taking the time to write your review.

We are very disappointed that your recent visit was not to the standard that you had hoped for. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss the matter with you in a little more detail so that I can get a proper understanding of the issues that you encountered we have a policy that all our food is cooked fresh and to order I have attached my email to the bottom of this mail and if you wouldn't mind forwarding your contact details with a suitable contact time I would be more than happy to get in touch with you then... Kind regards kenneth (store manager) kennth_odonovan@yahoo.com

Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

This place has gone so downhill! Where do I start. There were two male staff members in the kitchen pretending they were in a boxing ring in full view of customers.
Our waitress was utterly incapable! We couldn't hear or understand what she was saying. She was so rude and did not show any manners, literally threw the food onto our table! There is no way she should be working with the public!!

I don't like being negative about a business but this place should be closed!! Never again!!

3  Thank LittleMissWorld1
Reviewed 10 September 2014

Overpriced, greasy food.
American diner theme.
Staff were friendly.
Handy if you are staying in the Travelodge.
Not sure why anyone would choose this option over a bus ride to Cork's
restaurants.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

This was our second time here. The first time about 2 yrs ago was awful but we were in a rush this time and ER was near us. Again it was awful. Staff are so unfriendly here. We had 2 burgers, 2 chickens - the lettuce was cold and hadn't been dried. The burger bread was cold and soggy. Omg, it was a disaster! Some ER restaurants are good, like the one in Blackpool Retail Park which has brilliant staff and great food, but this one is def one to be missed! Def not recommended and promise we will never again darken the door there.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Not great for vegetarians despite the claim to have the best veggie burger in town (it's only average) but great prices for good quality food. I like how a burger can be €2 om certain days and adding chips and a coke can add up too about €5/6, you'd get the same from McDonald's only miles better food and service!