“Quirky and easy to love”
Review of The Workshop Cork

The Workshop Cork
Ranked #15 of 705 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Workshop is a local family business run by brothers Aiden and David. Our menu is very simple, for breakfast we serve, Organic Porridge with fruit compote, French Toast and Bacon and Scrambled eggs and Bacon. Our Lunch menu consists of gourmet sandwiches, soups, daily hot specials and our Tapas Salad. If your looking for something sweet you've come to the right place, we have a fantastic selection of desserts available daily. We have a large selection of teas, use fantastic Badger and Dodo coffee, and a variety of specialty drinks from Mochas to Oreo Milkshakes. We try to keep things as local as possible with most of our suppliers found here in Cork. We aspire to echo the service of the good old days and so we serve our tea in vintage fine bone china. We have aslo taken a backwards approach to the phrase "out with the old in with the new" in that you'll find the furniture found within the premises is either Antique, Vintage or Up-cyclyed.
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Had lunch here with husband and three kids, youngest is 2. We were all very happy with our food, which was brought promptly by very competent and friendly staff. So much to look around at and admire, while Perry Como played on the record player. A bit out of the way, but worth the drive.

2  Thank Starlady_79

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this lovely place by accident and so glad we did! Friendly staff and beautiful food and coffee!

2  Thank Emily S
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my experience here. Wonderful relaxed atmosphere. Staff were very naturally polite and genuine in their service. Lovely variety of food, desert and beverages. Good combination of foods, for vegetarians too but most importantly the produce was fresh and locally sourced. Well worth a visit

3  Thank sjfun
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We heard about the Ballygarvan Tea Rooms from a friend who recommended we go there for Sunday breakfast. I thought it was newly opened but I was wrong - The Workshop Cork which is in Ballygarvan has been open for five years! It’s the best kept secret in town! We had breakfast and lunch all rolled into one. Although I gobbled my food and was full - I had food-envy watching people being served the most fabulous deserts (everything from apple crumble to salted caramel cake!) and beautiful fresh salads! I’m now a number one fan - this review won’t do the place justice! You’ve got to experience it for yourself. Being Vegetarian I am excited about vegetarian food but my partner isn’t vegetarian and he is already looking forward to returning! The ambiance is relaxed and informal. The staff are low key friendly and helpful. What stands out most about the food is that it’s locally sourced FRESH produce. There’s something for everyone - whether you’d like a scone or sandwich or chicken pie or salad - get yourself into The Workshop Cork - there’s even a whole menu devoted to teas!!

3  Thank Caroline C
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I have been going to the Workshop since 2014 and i have witnessed how quality has decreased every time I have been here. Popularity has taken the best of this place. The same 4 sandwiches are being served since I started coming here. I am vegetarian so I can only eat one of those. It is time renew the menu and add more options. They have changed the lovely arbutus bread in sandwiches for normal Brennans bread. Cakes arent the best around, often dry and served carelessly ( I ordered several times apple crumble which was served half cold when i asked for it warm) While the staff are friendly enough, the service is quite poor, very slow and inefficient, serving things one by one and with large waiting periods to be served. More and more disappointed with each visit.

2  Thank W8724KAmariad
theworkshopcork, Owner at The Workshop Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

We do not normally respond to reviews however some of the statements above are simply untrue. We still and have always used Arbutus Bread. Our small menu of local produce has stayed the same however we have added a new specials board. If you would have liked an alternative vegetarian sandwich we would have been happy to oblige. We heat our apple crumble to the same temperature every time so if you would have preferred this warmer you could have asked one of our team. We are a small family run business that can be very busy so we do apologise about any delays.