“Great for Eating in Or Take Away”

Golden Elephant Thai Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 705 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$34 - US$63
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai Cuisine
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I have eaten at The Golden Elephant several times, and on each occasions was very happy with the quality and presentation of the food.

The staff are really courteous and helpful, and willingly facilitate special dietary needs.

It is also one of my favourite take-aways in Cork, from where I regularly get their
Thai green curry. The food is delicious and service is prompt. Their pad thai is also one of my favourites.

1  Thank Wislab
YingNan X, Owner at Golden Elephant Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for coming to our restaurant. We are glad, your joy. We are glad for your joy.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This food was really good. Fabulous sauces. The woman who seated us, who I assumed was the owner, helped us order and made sure we were happy. It was a very pleasant experience. The portions could have been a little larger for the price is my only negative comment, but that said the food was quite good.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Had never noticed this place before - you would walk past the door if you didn't know to look for it. Walked up the stairs and found a really lovely hidden gem. Beautiful smells hit me immediately. The lady working there was extremely friendly and helpful when ordering. The food was really gorgeous, all freshly made to order. I've lived in Thailand and I felt it was very authentic.

Can't really fault it at all. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank auntie978

Reviewed 2 July 2018

We have eaten here a lot. And the food was always good. The last time we got a take-away it was very poor. Not one person mentioned the food as we ate which is not a good thing as we were all hungry and love thai.
I thought maybe it was just that i picked the wrong dish but the others told me later that theirs was not good. I was very sick that night and not sure if i can blame anything else as the rest of the family ate the same as me that day except for the thai dish. Of course i cannot be sure but considering that the food tasted not quite right it more than just crossed my mind. I tried calling the next day but the restaurant must only open in the evening as there was no answer. It left my mind at that point so i'm not sure if they had an answer.

To be honest it is strange as we always loved this food but the blandness of the dishes (all seemingly made from a stock which was different to before) made me think there was a change of kitchen staff. One way or the other we wont return.

1  Thank Mickser

We have not received your call (or other information and email) complaints. If you are often our guests. Please try to forgive us. Although we are very careful. However, we also make mistakes. We are eager to know our problems. If it can be a specific reason, it will be very helpful to us. Thank you for your many visits, all of our staff and team sincerely hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were staying near by in the Maryborogh Hotel, so decided to look for a restaurant near by for our second evening.

We went here as my husband had spent some time in Thailand & loves the food.

We weren't disappointed by the food quality or taste. We also found all the staff extermly helpful giving us suggestions on what to order.

It was busy so best to book if you plan on going on a weekend.

2  Thank Dundalk84