All reviews after midnight room service full irish top marks night porter cork city a great place to stay top class douglas
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Well i stayed here for one night. Got down a bit late. Parking was handy, plenty just outside but you get the disk in the hotel or else you could be clamped.

I found the staff nice and friendly, the food good, the bed comfortable, the place clean and in general for my short stay all was good.

I did not try the internet or have the breakfast ....

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I had no idea of the geography of Cork before booking but was very pleased to find that Douglas is a safe, trendy village just 20 minutes by bus to the City Centre. So, the location was ideal. My friend and I were checked in by Dave who couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming. Our room was lovely, immaculately clean and very comfortable beds. A quick unpack and down to the bar (ground floor by lift) where Dave sat with us and gave us great tips on transport and places to see. Great sports bar if you are into sports with great service and bar meals. Next two daysBreakfast in the Restaurant, (third day we had an early start so had breakfast in our room, no charge ) could not be faulted, great, friendly service from Dermot, who is also the night porter. It's a shame we only had three nights, but will definitely return. Super place, amazing hospitality and friendliness.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I have been to the East Village bar many times in the past and never even knew, until recently, that they had rooms overhead. We live in Schull, Co. Cork and were just going to be in Cork City for the one night and this place was the cheapest/least expensive, so we decided to give it a go. The room was fine - nothing fantastic - but clean and an ensuite - which was a bit dated - but also clean. My husband was doing a gig elsewhere in the city, so I stayed in the bedroom reviewing stuff. There is always live music on a Saturday night, and I could hear that clearly, two floors up, but I didn't mind as I was busy. Don't be staying there on a Saturday night if you want to go to bed and sleep early - not a good idea. We had food earlier when we first arrived and that was fabulous. When my husband returned around 12.30am - we were able to have a few drinks in the upstairs bar (residents lounge after midnight, I'd say. The live music, in the downstairs bar, lasted until 1.30am or thereabouts. Douglas Village is a very lively and happening place - for the younger set - on a Saturday night. We had breakfast delivered to our room the next morning, at no extra charge. All in all, I would definitely go back at the price we were quoted. Not a luxury stay, but other than that, I can't complain. You get what you pay for, as they say....

Room Tip: Only 10 rooms. All similar.....
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Called here recently for lunch we were totally ignored we sat at a table that needed to be cleared a female staff member came over we thinking she start clearing but no passed us by changed her mind came back took the glasses and thought she be back to clear but no went behind bar to chat to another member staff and then decided to go to another table other members staff more interested on what on Tv so we decided to leave we went to Eco's got Fabulous food and service !!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Visited on a day off and was pleasantly surprised by the calibre of sandwich I received. Honey roasted ham and real cheddar with fresh chips and salad. All for less than 8 euro. I couldn't do it any damage as it was huge. Dave was as accommodating as ever recognising me after many years absense. I will make this a regular for lunch as I live locally.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo