1,499 results
All reviews springboard restaurant the river outdoor pool lovely hotel thermal suite city centre afternoon tea top class eggs benedict steam room lovely room a lovely stay breakfast was excellent from start to finish reception area bar food scones
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel had a lot wrong and not much right. The restaurant has a great view but the service was VERY slow. The medium steak came out blue. When re-fired it was like shoe leather. The WiFi was spotty, especially annoying since my daughter was relying on it for a live stream for her work. They offered us a free breakfast the next morning but we already had plans and just wanted out.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Fergal H, General Manager at The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Queenamy1107,

I was very disappointed to learn of your experience.

It’s genuinely very unusual for us to receive such negative feedback and in so many areas of the hotel. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment clearly caused.

With regards the Wifi, we are very aware of the importance of it to our guests and I know full well how frustrating it must have been for your daughter not to have been able to get her work done due to its patchiness.

We are constantly looking to learn from our guests’ experiences, whether positive or negative. I can assure you, therefore, that we investigated each aspect of your comments at the time of your review and used it to redouble our efforts in the areas highlighted. I fully accept, however, that this will be of scant consolation to you at this stage.

My apologies again. I would welcome the opportunity to correspond or speak to you personally if you wish to contact me on fergalharte@thekingsley.ie at any time.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very good. Highly recommended. Good breakfast, especially with nice view in front of the river. Friendly staff. Value for money. It is just little bit far from the center. Room is large and comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Cristina,

Thanks a million for your lovely review of your stay with us.

It’s always an honour to receive such kind feedback and I’m delighted to know you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Our unique location does indeed provide great views of the River Lee and the surrounding area. You make a fair point in relation to our location. It is possible to walk to the city centre – largely along the river and through the local parks – but it does take between 30 and 45 minutes. Taxis cost €10-12 and there is a very regular bus service available just down from the main gates of the hotel.

Thanks again and I hope you’ll decide to return soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I stay here once every 3 months on business and it is a fine hotel. Check in and check out was very efficient and the bedrooms are lush. The gym and spa are beautiful and of the highest standard. The bar food is nice (albeit a slightly limited menu) and bar staff are most pleasant. Just a minor grumble that, whilst the breakfast is great, the breakfast staff (I stayed two nights) were somewhat miserable (not the chap taking room numbers on the way in) and I found them all quite unwelcoming. The service is also not great in the balcony area (overlooking the river) with my requests for a menu or drink simply ignored. However, overall, it is a fantastic hotel. Walked into Cork down the main road (25 minutes) but walked back one street over which takes you past some beautiful parks and the river side.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank amberwillow

Dear Amberwillow,

I appreciated you taking the time to review your stay with us.

While I was delighted to note that you found it a fine hotel overall, I was very concerned by a couple of the points you raised in relation to the service standards you found at breakfast and in our K Lounge. Your experiences in these areas don’t reflect the excellence we aim to provide and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for our failures in this regard during your stay. I can assure you that we addressed each of the points raised at the time and I hope you will have seen an improvement since.

I was glad to see that you find the gym and spa to be beautiful and of the highest standard. We receive consistently excellent feedback from our hotel guests, members and non-residential guests on both.

Many thanks for your continued custom and please don’t hesitate to contact me on fergalharte@thekingsley.ie any time if you wish to speak to me personally.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for one night. Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean, luxurious and had the beautiful view of the river. We had dinner at the bar and the food was tasty. After dinner, we took a stroll along the river and it was very relaxing. The breakfast had a good selection of cold and hot food. We also enjoyed the outdoor pool.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank RonnieHongKong

Dear RonnieHongKong,

Many thanks for your kind review.

I’m very glad to know you enjoyed your short stay with us.

The river walkway is a lovely amenity to have right on our doorstep and it’s one that many of our guests avail of, either to enjoy of the flora, fauna and wildlife of the Lee Fields to the west or the sights and sounds of Cork City to the east.

We have many leisure facilities, but the outdoor pool is probably our most unique and most widely enjoyed by our guests.

I hope you will decide to return in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I absolutely loved my stay here. The rooms are lovely and spacious and so clean. Each room is supplied with a travel buddy (or phone) for your stay. It has all the details of things to see in cork and saves you from paying any roaming charges with internet or when using google maps. This is a fantastic idea which I have never seen before. The pool was really nice and I really enjoyed the outdoor hydro pool. Breakfast was lovely on each morning with everything you could ask for with such a great selection. But the best thing about this hotel was the staff!! They were sooooo lovely, helpful and smiling. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Caroline M

Dear Caroline M,

I’m delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

Many thanks for sharing your experience in such kind and enthusiastic terms.

We are blessed to have such wide-ranging facilities with our outdoor pool overlooking the River Lee being the most unique, but I fully agree that the staff here make the hotel what it is. They do fantastic work and experiences like yours are a great source of pride and honour for them all. The ‘Handy’ mobile devices in our rooms have, indeed, proven to be a very popular addition to our services.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Kingsley in the near future.