“Busy little place”

Rooster Pil-Pil
Ranked #469 of 673 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$18 - US$31
Neighbourhood: Douglas
Description: Founded in 2013, Rooster Pil Pil is fast becoming known as a class above the rest when it comes to cooking beautiful, fresh, Portuguese cuisine. We offer a delicious menu with an extensive selection to suit all tastes. Our Pil Pil chicken is delicious blend of spices and tender chicken which is freshly prepared every day, it is a must have! On top of all this we offer friendly professional service
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Usually busy in the evening, may have to wait around for a while but worth the wait. Parking a bit of a pain..

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We had two chicken dinners in here last week and on the whole we were reasonably happy. The chicken itself was delicious, but the sides going with it were very limited in range - chips, salad and corn.

We didn’t like the setting or the flat slate plates, but the service was helpful and courteous. For example they re-organized our order to give us the benefit of a lower price for a whole chicken.

I would come again for the chicken, but there are other outlets offering a better range of service at comparably better prices.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Firstly, Marvin a food delivery company (like just eat) made contact immediately to explain the situation...so I'm not disappointed with them. I am disgusted with the restaurant in question....Rooster Pil Pil on Popes Quay, Cork City...near Shandon Street. On Marvin.ie delivery is free for this restaurant. I ordered the Marvin special. I was paying cash on arrival. It was a fantastic deal. I was even going to add half the cost as a tip. Marvin rang me to say that the manager of the restaurant wanted to cancel my order-without even contacting me. The Marvin.ie representative wanted to make contact with me first tombe given the option to pay an extra €1 to deliver it according to the manager. This €1 wasn't the issue, it was that the managers greed and this was stipulated NOWHERE on the website. This is abominable customer service on the restaurants part. The restaurant can't do this or be let away with it. You can't change a contract.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

3 times I ordered the Pope's Quay shop some dishes and 3 time I find something different from what I ordered. They do not understand English. I will not try a 4th time. Quality is poor but price is cheap.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We just ordered takeaway from here. It took over an hour and 10 mins to deliver to Passage West and when the food got here it was a soggy, cold mess.

No indication of what was what in the bag, bar one illegible scribble on one pitta. Chicken was rock hard and overlooked. A disgrace, couldn't recommend this to anyone.