“ Best meal ever!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My partner and I have eaten in The Village Tavern fairly often and always find it good. Today's meal was exceptional though. Ordinary food is made special and every bite was delicious. I had turkey and ham and my partner had roast beef. The meat, the veg, the mash and even the gravy were all superb. We both opted for the Summer Berry Eton Mess for desert and it was divine. The staff are always friendly and helpful. We spent a lovely evening eating and having a few drinks in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
Can't recommend this place highly enough. Well done Enda and staff!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Several years ago, we rented a house in Mount Charles. During this trip, we discovered the Village Pub. Right in the middle of Mount Charles, the Pub features a number of dishes straight from Donegal Bay. It is excellent, and must visit each time we are in Donegal. If they ar available, make sure you order the Langostino lobsters. Small, but delicious. You will,love it!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

It was on my bucket list to have a meal at The Village Tavern in Mountcharles. My family was originally from this area. I was not disappointed. Delicious meals and an amazing staff who do everything they can for you. The quality of the food was great. They also have gluten free options.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We dropped in here for lunch when travelling back to Dublin from Gweedore.
What a gem of a place. The bar area had a great atmosphere with very friendly staff.
There was a good choice on the menu and the food itself was outstanding. I would recommend the lamb shepard pie.
I would highly recommend this place for a drink and especially food if in the area.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

The owner met our coach tour group at the door and once we were seated, he gave us a good overview about the fascinating history of the tavern and the village. Our group were the only diners on this evening. The singer provided both Irish and American tunes as he skillfully played his guitar. The interior walls are artfully decorated with a wide collection of (empty) wine bottles and other artsy items. With my dinner I enjoyed a local brew, Donegal Brewing Company's Blonde, crafted in "Ireland's Oldest Towne, Ballyshannon." The service was very good, the food very good, and the music very good. So… it's not surprising that a very good time was had by all!