“Special occasion ”

Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Awarded "Best Restaurant in Dublin" in the Irish Restaurant Awards 2014. Located just off Fitzwilliam Square in the heart of Georgian Dublin, the award winning Dax Restaurant is one of Ireland's premier places to dine. The Dax menu uses only the freshest seasonal Irish and continental produce. Our commitment to healthy fine dining is experienced in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. Dax is the perfect location for social or business dining.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My son graduated in Dublin so we wanted to take him and my daughter to a special place to celebrate. I sent an email to Olivier just inquiring regarding my dietary needs (20 in all! ) and the food I like , if they could cater. Got a lovely email back to send the list and they would see us on the day. Soo simple, was a bit apprehensive as it usually becomes very fraught. We arrived at Dax, and I must say this was the most amazing restaurant experience I have had since I have all my restrictions. They had made a menu for me, and I even got a choice of mains (including a little amuse- bouche ) ! As I am coeliac I always bring a gluten free dairy free roll with me, but everything else was catered for. The rest of the family chose from the a la carte menu and spent the evening oo-wing and aah - ing (so did I! ) . The food was amazing, the service above and beyond (they were all aware of my dietary requirements ) and it is a very cosy place to sit. We couldn't have wanted any more. As my daughter said we felt coddled. ☺️ Thank you all for making our celebration so special. Dax is not cheap but worth every penny, it's not a meal but an experience and I hope to return when we next get to Dublin.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent business lunch, but not cheap. Super attentive service, crisp white linen table cloths, food was super although portions are on the smaller side. Pity it's in a basement.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a party of 4 and all agreed the it was one of the best meals we have has in Dublin. Not cheap by any means but excellent value for what you get.

1  Thank nhd51
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Family dinner for seven of us at Dax on Saturday night. Superb from start to finish.
Crisp white table linen in an intimate rustic setting.
The highlights were the amuse bouche of celeriac with toasted hazelnuts,the starter of courgette flower stuffed with prawns & prawn bisque,followed by a perfectly cooked fillet of turbot in a lobster & madeira sauce.
Delicious.
Loved the fact that each course was spaced out so well,& the staff were so utterly fantastic too.Our youngest guest,11yrs old loved the fuss they made of her.
Great wine list & the crowning glory was some beautiful port with an amazing cheeseboard.Such a perfect night with family enjoying outstanding food.
We will be back!! Merci Merci!!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I made a reservation for Dax 2 1/2 months ago. We are in Ireland with friends celebrating our 30 th anniversary. We arrived to the restaurant promptly at 5:55 for a 6 pm early seating reservation. We were the first patrons at the restaurant. The maitre'd sat us at the back of the restaurant in a narrow enclosed space facing a closet. There were no decorations on the wall to look at. We were so tight that the waiter had to push against our chairs to serve water. We asked to be moved to another table. He said that was not an option. Of note, the restaurant was still empty. I asked to speak with a manager. He said that none was available. We got up to leave. As we went to the front of the house, I asked to speak with a manager. Despite the restaurant being empty, he said that no other tables were available. I expressed my displeasure and asked for our coats and umbrellas. He pointed across the room and turned his back on me. No apologies, no excuses, no regrets. Never again.

8  Thank Samuel S