“Excellent food and service ”
Review of Dax Restaurant

Dax Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 2,822 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$44 - US$85
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Awarded "Best Restaurant in Dublin" in the Irish Restaurant Awards 2014. Located just off Fitzwilliam Square in the heart of Georgian Dublin, the award winning Dax Restaurant is one of Ireland's premier places to dine. The Dax menu uses only the freshest seasonal Irish and continental produce. Our commitment to healthy fine dining is experienced in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. Dax is the perfect location for social or business dining.
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Brilliant food and service definitely worth every penny spent and excellent value for money . Will definitely be going back if we are in Dublin

RestManReply, Manager at Dax Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for your review of Dax and we look forward to welcoming you again on your return to Dublin.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

My son graduated in Dublin so we wanted to take him and my daughter to a special place to celebrate. I sent an email to Olivier just inquiring regarding my dietary needs (20 in all! ) and the food I like , if they could cater. Got a lovely email back to send the list and they would see us on the day. Soo simple, was a bit apprehensive as it usually becomes very fraught. We arrived at Dax, and I must say this was the most amazing restaurant experience I have had since I have all my restrictions. They had made a menu for me, and I even got a choice of mains (including a little amuse- bouche ) ! As I am coeliac I always bring a gluten free dairy free roll with me, but everything else was catered for. The rest of the family chose from the a la carte menu and spent the evening oo-wing and aah - ing (so did I! ) . The food was amazing, the service above and beyond (they were all aware of my dietary requirements ) and it is a very cosy place to sit. We couldn't have wanted any more. As my daughter said we felt coddled. ☺️ Thank you all for making our celebration so special. Dax is not cheap but worth every penny, it's not a meal but an experience and I hope to return when we next get to Dublin.

Thank you for your review of Dax, we were delighted you enjoyed the restaurant and we are always happy to cater for specific needs when we have advanced notice.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Excellent business lunch, but not cheap. Super attentive service, crisp white linen table cloths, food was super although portions are on the smaller side. Pity it's in a basement.

Thank you for your review Jim, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We were a party of 4 and all agreed the it was one of the best meals we have has in Dublin. Not cheap by any means but excellent value for what you get.

1  Thank nhd51

Thank you for your review of Dax and your "excellent value" recommendation.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Family dinner for seven of us at Dax on Saturday night. Superb from start to finish.
Crisp white table linen in an intimate rustic setting.
The highlights were the amuse bouche of celeriac with toasted hazelnuts,the starter of courgette flower stuffed with prawns & prawn bisque,followed by a perfectly cooked fillet of turbot in a lobster & madeira sauce.
Delicious.
Loved the fact that each course was spaced out so well,& the staff were so utterly fantastic too.Our youngest guest,11yrs old loved the fuss they made of her.
Great wine list & the crowning glory was some beautiful port with an amazing cheeseboard.Such a perfect night with family enjoying outstanding food.
We will be back!! Merci Merci!!

Thank you Karen for choosing Dax for your family celebration, it was a delight to look after you all.