US$345
US$278
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$359/night.

US$154
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

US$316
US$268
  • Pool
US$207
US$190
US$156
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$155
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
3,763 results
All reviewscellar restaurantgarden wingart collectionthe main houseart teapatrick guilbaudhighly recommend the merriongovernment buildingsdrawing roompublic roomsbeautiful hotelnational galleryturn down servicefive star hotelsteam roomgrafton streettrinity college
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I just had a brief one night stay here and we really enjoyed it. Contrary to the previous reviewer I found the receptionist very pleasant and helpful. The room was fine, nothing spectacular but overall we found the staff exceptionally pleasant and helpful and they were always willing to offer assistance. The staff were the best part of this hotel! One gripe I had was that I incurred an additional charge for eggs benedict at breakfast (which wasn't worth it!!) while my husband's full Irish breakfast looked much more appetising and was included in our B&B rate!! But that was just one very small complaint during what was overall, a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FJNM
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear FJNM,

I am writing to thank you very much for take the time to post such a lovely review about the Merrion on Tripadvisor recently.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel so much and I note your comment about the breakfast surcharge and we will review this to see if there is a more efficient manner in which we can deal with this.

I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future and to that end if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 March 2012

When will hotels and hotel staff realise you need more than a decent location to equate to 5 stars?!?

Dirty, tired in desperate need of a good scrub and refurbishment, The Merrion Hotel is definitely not somewhere I would recommend to a friend.

Genuinely shocked by my other trip adviser member reviews of this hotel ( sincerely feel they may not be genuine)
Unfortunately the experience my husband and I had was not a positive one.

Reception staff were loud, rude and could not have been more unwelcoming.
We had the unfortunate experience of being checked in by Kye, awfully unfriendly and unpersonable for a front of house staff member.

I have to say though that this unwelcoming nature is certainly not representative of Ireland and Dublin specifically. I am irish myself and was in Dublin for a short stay, we were expecting a pleasant stay similar to what we have had in the Sherbourne Hotel or The Westbury Hotel.

So if you overlook the rude reception staff, the disappointment continues.
We booked a street view suite, and as one of their supposed 'better' rooms, I was disgusted to see how shabby and dirty it was!! The carpet looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks...perhaps ever!
The soft chairs had rips that would be impressive for an unsupervised Alsatian dog to make! Truly disgraceful for what claims to be a 5 star hotel. The comforter on the bed had better days if you know what I mean! A lot of discolouration in general to the soft furnishings.

The lift smelled like fish from the day we arrived to the day we departed-unsure why.

Breakfast, again disappointing. Hot breakfast was ironically-cold.

Unlike almost any other hotel in Dublin city, this hotel has No atmosphere at all. I guess the staf have something to do with creating a positive buzzy atmosphere in a hotel, and so this probably explains the lack of...
Only redeeming feature was the friendly porters and concierge. Unfortunately u really only come across them when leaving and arriving..... In between u have to pass the dreadfully unhappy and creepy reception staff.

Most importantly;
This hotel is Not a 5 star!
Don't be fooled, perhaps if you get a good deal then book it, as the location is good, not as good as the shelbourne and westbury but good if you get a deal, otherwise don't book it, you will be disappointed and regret it.

Room Tip: Book street view room, at least the street might detract from the dreadful dirty interiors! Also make sure your fan works, rooms very very hot.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
33  Thank 321London
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This will be the 6th yearly treat to the Merrion. Last time we stayed we were upgraded to a suite as we were regular visitors. Wow.......overlooking the government buildings, we could watch for celebs driving up. (You almost always see at least 2 celebs here).
It's an absolute must for a special pampering. you really are looked after like royalty. Everyone is so friendly though. No pomp or ceremony at all. x

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Honesty P

Dear a w,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted on Tripadvisor recently.

We were genuinely delighted to read how much you enjoyed the stay and in particular that you have done so over such a long period of time.

We too look forward to welcoming you back and if there is anything in particular we can do to help your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Had a wonderful weekend in the Merrion Hotel on the 2nd & 3rd March 2012. The service & been made feel so special for the weekend will leave an everlasting memory of my stay in this unique hotel. Helene

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helene M

Dear Helene M,

Thank you for the absolutely wonderful review that you posted on Tripadvisor after your recent stay with us. Everybody here was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the stay and comments as kind as yours make our job so much more worthwhile.

We all hope that we get to welcome you back for your 61st birthday if not before.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We have literally just returned from our stay at the merrion hotel and it was amazing. The staff are fabulous - absolutely nothing is too much trouble. We had our toddler with us and on arriving in our room discovered his travel cot complete with full size baby bath products and a bottle warmer - so thoughtful. In addition to this, he also had his own slippers and mini bath robe which was so cute!
The following afternoon, there was a knock at the door and one o the staff arrived with a tray full of small toys and a balloon to keep our son entertained - another fab treat.
On our second day, we also used the pool facilities which are lovely however I would say that for small children, the pool is cold!! We couldnt stay in long with him as he was chittering!! Spa stuff are lovely and very interested!!
We didnt have any food in our hotel - mainly because we were unsure how our son would cope!! We would of loved to have had afternoon tea but again the drawing room etc are very ornate! This is no fault of the hotels!!
One small gripe was that our room was a standard room in the garden wing which claims on the website to have city views - ours was not city but an old disused building complete with grafetti. We werent in our room much and when we were we just kept the curtains closed! We also had no coffee tea facilities in our room and although these were available if you asked for them.
The hotel itself is very central - about ten minutes from the action!! Grafton shop is great for some retail therapy and stephens green was a great place to visit with children. We also spent the day at Dublin Zoo which was great too!
Looking forward to going back!!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, choose one of the rooms in the main house and definately have afternoon tea!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank oldmacdonaldswife

Dear oldmacdonaldswife,

A brief note to thank you very much for the wonderful review you kindly posted on Tripadvisor after your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to read about guests who are so satisfied and have enjoyed their visit to the hotel.

I have particular note of your comment about the description on the website and we will review this with a view to making it somewhat clearer. We hope you will come back to Dublin and might visit us again. If we can help in any way in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely