“Merrion Hotel, Dublin”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is a very expensive hotel but you definitely get what you pay for i.e. it delivers on every level in terms of quality, service, food, accommodation - it is hard to fault it, I will definitely go back

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was delighted to read your kind comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again and that your visit then will be as enjoyable at this one.

Peter MacCann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,485)

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The Merrion is the quintessential high end hotel. Very proper service. Room was lovely, bed and pillows extremely comfortable, beautiful bath. Elegance all around. In the heart of Dublin so restaurants and pubs are within 1/2 block. Easy walking distance to the main pedestrian mall Grafton St. as well as Trinity College and other top sites of Dublin. The Cellar Bar was closed for 8 days of renovation when we were there which was unfortunate because I had looked forward to experiencing that. Over all a very lovely stay!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed at the Merrion for five days and it is one of the finest hotels I which I have ever stayed (including the Regent in Berlin, Grosvenor Square in London, Shanga La in Singapore). This is a true five star property. Incredibly attentive staff in an amazing historic property. We stayed in the old section that is a collection of early town houses linked together, one of which is where the Duke of Wellington was born. Everything is exceptional, from the concierge, to staff who respond to the smallest request, to turn down service. This is the best hotel in Ireland and is centrally located across from government buildings and near St. Stephens Green and Merrion Square--absolutely lovey parks. The in house restaurant (Cellar) is wonderful for a great Irish or continental breakfast and also as a dinner or lunch option. The Michelin two starred Patrick Guilbaud restaurant is also in the building complex. Also, something I have never seen in any other hotel, the Merrion has an extensive art collection and there is an exceptionally well done audio guide and booklet to do a self-guided tour. Don't miss the James Joyce statue in the hotel's lovely garden. In short, this was a very memorable stay and we will be back. My highest recommendation for this world-class hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms in the old quarter overlooking at Merrion Street.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the absolutely wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind feedback about the team and the facilities here at The Merrion. I must say we are greatly encouraged when we read comments like yours; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. We are honoured that you chose The Merrion to be your hotel for your visit to Dublin and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Having read all the good reviews of The Merrion we booked our stay. We were not disappointed, every member of staff is a credit to the hotel, they can't do enough for you. Even when the Hurricane hit the Concierge kept an eye on our flight to keep us informed. The rooms are spotless, spacious, the beds super comfy, the little touches in the room were appreciated. Location is perfect and close to shops, pubs. Thank you for a lovely stay in Ireland.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This was our first and best hotel during our stay in Ireland. I can't say enough about the service- it was truly outstanding. Located near good shopping and museums. I would highly recommend staying here to anyone that asks.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to your very kind comments about my colleagues, they endeavour to provide our guests with as relaxing a stay as possible and we are honoured that you chose to stay with us at the start of your trip to Ireland.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Merrion for your next visit!