3,866 results
All reviews cellar restaurant garden wing art collection the main house art tea patrick guilbaud government buildings drawing room public rooms beautiful hotel national gallery turn down service five star hotel steam room grafton street trinity college meriton
Reviewed 4 January 2018

One of the most welcoming , comfortable and relaxing city centre hotels I have ever stayed in . Would strongly recommend and return in a heartbeat . Care and attention to detail outstanding and restaurant excellent .

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We were invited to eat by friends who were staying in the hotel. We ate in the a Garden Room, the true merits of which were somewhat obscured by the fact that it was a December night! Service was very attentive, and ambience pleasant. The food was good as opposed to brilliant, but my main gripe was that it was served warm rather than hot. I suspect that this may be a function of the size of the dining room, it it was disappointing. If I’d not been a guest I’d probably have sent my meal back.....

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review following your recent visit to The Garden Room restaurant.

I appreciate your kind comments about my colleagues’ attentiveness to you and I would like to apologise for the shortcoming with the temperature of the food. Rest assured this has been addressed and your feedback has been taken on board fully.

I do hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back to dine with us again and do let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I've stayed at the Merrion Hotel on a number of occasions over the last 4 years and it just keeps raising the bar for exceptional service and quality of accommodation. Relaxed elegance situated in beautiful Georgian Dublin and stroll away from all places of interest positions the Merrion as the number one hotel to enjoy during a visit to Dublin.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team. I was pleased to read how much you have enjoyed all aspects of your stays with us over the past four years and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We had the pleasure of spending 24 hours in the Merrion Hotel and it was a perfect hotel experience in such a busy period. From the helpful and friendly front of house, to the housekeeping staff who helped me when I forgot my room number, to the wonderful food. Well done to the Merrion team, see you soon.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you will have another perfect visit to Dublin!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We arrived in Dublin very early in the morning. We had arranged for the Merrion to have us picked up and it was very nice to see the driver waiting for us as soon as we exited customs. The hotel was decorated beautifully and made for a very festive December trip. From the check in to check out, everything about the Merrion was incredible. The breakfasts are terrific, and lots of gluten free options makes it especially great for me. The rooms are very clean, well kept and so quiet. We slept very well! We went to both bars - The Cellar and 23. They are very different but both were fantastic. The whiskey flights in 23 are a fun way to taste Irish whiskeys.

Again, service is so good, From housekeeping to bartenders, every single person at the Merrion was committed to making sure our stay was the best it could be.

The location is terrific. Walking distance to restaurants, pubs, Grafton Street, and Saint Stevens Green.

I highly recommend The Merrion. It is well worth a trip to Dublin just to stay there!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jenntabb

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion and for your feedback.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and I am also pleased that we were able to contribute in someway to the overall enjoyment of your trip.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.