The Townhouse
US$196
US$180
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$274/night.

Castle Hotel(Dublin)
US$334
US$306
Conrad
  • Room Service
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$160
US$107
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

All reviewso'connell streettrinity collegepubsliffeydart
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed here twice during my trip to Ireland in late July and Early August. My rooms were nice and comfortable. The Irish breakfast was good and plentiful.

What really set this hotel apart was the friendly staff, including David. I was traveling to Galway and he recommended I take a tour with the Wild Rover Tour group to The Cliffs of Moher. The tour would go to Galway and I could get off there instead of returning back to Dublin. I wanted to see the cliffs anyway, so I saved money and time. Dave also helped me get to the sites around Dublin, riding the green buses.

Thank for all your help and pleasantries you passed onto me during my stay.

Slainte!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Royce W
Reviewed 28 January 2016

Great value. Breakfast wonderful. Cozy place not too far from all the bars and nightlife. Like a lot of Dublin, the place has character. Service was fine. Generally a busy place. Overall it was a pleasant experience and well located.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fidelscastrol
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

Beware anyone who books the townhouse lower gardiner street Dublin,I booked the townhouse Dublin in October of last year for a stay for four couples for the weekend 22/25 January,dispite confirmation on three separate occasions,I was contacted on the 20 January to say that the hotel had doubled booked & had transferred us to the Recency hotel,on arrival at the Recency hotel they had no idea about our booking,we were in fact booked into the r & g part of the building which is a separate business within the same building,& in fact a hostel and accommodation for the long term homeless,we refused the so called superior apartments & booked into the Recency hotel proper at a total cost of 66 euros extra per couple,and when you add in a extra 40 euros per day to get in and out of the city our stay cost some 350 euros more than it should have,when we called into the Townhouse to voice our concerns we met with total disdain by the manager Muriel who indicated that we should have been grateful for our upgrade to superior accommodation,I pointed out that the accommodation was far from superior,& that we had booked city centre accommodation requiring no transport costs,she really couldn't have given a toss,needless to say we will never stay at the townhouse again or recommend to anyone

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
13  Thank John O
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

It's been quite a few years since I stayed at this hotel (5 to be exact!) the decor in the communal areas & rooms needs some addressing, has become a little shabby since ilast stayed here! The staff & location however are ideal, perfect for bus/train station, shops & bars, will definitely stay again & can recommend the town house!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2016

We made our reservation at the beginning of September 2015 to stay at the Townhouse over Valentines day (February 2016). Unfortunately, the hotel has just informed us that they will not be honouring our booking (with us due to stay with them in 21 days) as they have been contracted out by a large corporate client.

We have not been offered any compensation by the hotel, nor have they offered to pay to book us in anywhere else. It will now cost us over double the price for us to find our own hotel (of the same standard in the same area) - luckily, the agency we booked through has offered to pay the difference; had they not, we would have had to cancel our trip, losing the money we paid for our flights.

I am unable to recommend this hotel to anyone due to their appalling customer service and dishonourable practices.

Room Tip: Have a backup hotel in case they cancel your booking, or just stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple