US$340
US$277
Conrad
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$335/night.

Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$135
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$321
US$268
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$298/night.

US$137
US$130
Travelocity
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$223
US$191
Agoda.com
US$205
US$178
3,008 results
All reviewsconnolly stationpremier roomtrain noisetrain lineo'connell streetbreakfast roomtemple barcity centrelovely hotelhotel restaurantbooked this hotelfantastic stayfamily roomtea coffeewe arrived earlyfollowing morningcroke park
Reviewed 19 April 2018

The hotel has a great location (right by Connolly Station). The room was fine however the bed was not very comfortable (too soft and high up) and the walls were very thin. We had a premium room which gave us access to the premium lounge: a great extra! We had free drinks around the clock and free breakfast on weekdays. The lounge is spacious and has a great view! Unfortunately it was not very well serviced - one day there were no cups and another the coffee machine didn't work. All in all we had a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Peter B, General Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear sabbagg,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us here at the North Star.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your good stay however appreciate your frustrations with lounge coffee service. Its good to understand that you enjoyed the lounge. Really sorry to hear that you found our new pillow top beds too soft and not sure how we can remedy them in the short term however we will work on the lounge coffee service.
Thank you again for posting and hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I arrived in the middle if the afternoon and realized it was difficult to drop off lugage in front of the hotel because you are in the middle of traffic.
I got to park further up which was OK. They also recommend to park in the Connelly train station...
The welcome is nice! My room had 3 small beds just for me. I would have preferred a double bed... My view was almost directly on the train line and I felt I was sharing the travel with the people in the train!
I had one surprise though! Lights turn on automatically under the beds if you move at night... A sensor detects movements!!! The movement was a pillow falling from my bed and it startled me to have bright lines in the middle of my sleep!!!
The hotel restaurant is OK... basic food like pizza and burgers... and service was long.
It is a good location to visit Dublin I was told...

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Traveler_from_Paris,
Thank you for posting your views on Trip advisor following your recent stay here at the North Star Hotel.
Its great to hear that you enjoyed our welcome and I understand that you would appreciate a double bed.we recently added in our night sensor lights to give extra comfort and security for our guests during the darkness of night and I am sorry to hear that your pillow disturbed your nights rest.
As you say our location is special not only as its beside the station but also that we manage to share the same historical space with affecting guest comfort.
Thank you again for your views and it would be great if you would return sometime soon

Reviewed 18 April 2018

It had everything, breakfast to dinner, bar, and exceptional staff. Particularly David in both McGettigans Cookhouse & Bar, and Martin the concierge. Over the top in assistance, I can't say enough good about the whole facility! Rooms clean, maids attentive. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Very friendly atmosphere and esthetically outstanding. Everyone we saw was friendly and outgoing.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear results1,
Thank you for your most generous review on Trip advisor following your recent stay experience here at the North Star Hotel.
I have passed you kind comments to both Martin and David who are both delighted that you were pleased with their service.
We pride ourselves in our friendliness and cleanliness so are really pleased that you experience these.
Thank you again for your lovely review and we hope to welcome you back again soon
kind regards
PeterB

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for the final three nights of our Railtours Ireland holiday.
It would have been selected for the convenient location of the station but it was also a very comfortable and modern hotel.
The area surrounding the hotel seemed a bit seedy and we often heard shouting and drunken behaviour at night.
Our room was very spacious with an extra single bed. The open wardrobe area was cleverly designed with lots of hanging space and open drawers with a full length mirror incorporated within.
There were motion light sensors under the bedside tables so that if you got up at night these lights were activated as well as the bathroom lights. It was disconcerting at first until we understood how it worked.
The reception staff and buffet staff were very accommodating and as we had an early start on two mornings we were offered two breakfast bags with sandwiches, muffins, yogurt, apple and a bottle of water. This was a very good service. The actual buffet breakfast was average.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Panda055,
Many thanks for your constructive feed back on your recent stay here at the North star hotel We were delighted to assist with the location of your stay and indeed with early morning breakfasts.
Its good to hear that you enjoyed the overall stay and worked out the security night lights and I hope that the noise from the locality did not upset any part of your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback and hope that you return soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

As someone who relies heavily on Trip Advisor to sway my decisions on places to visit and stay, it is important to leave as much feedback from my own experiences as possible. This hotel (North Star/The Address) is by far one of the more higher end hotels in Dublin. The new refurbishments are considerable and add a very high tech feel to the hotel. Alongside a contemporary design there has been a lot of thought with the interior décor and finishing which adds a very comfortable, luxurious feel in public areas and the rooms. We booked for a breakfast which regrettably was poor value and choice. With still a good 40 minutes of breakfast service we were disappointed with the lack of replenishments and made the best of things with whatever was left. You have to take the lift right to the basement of the hotel to have breakfast and the room although comfortable is dark and poorly lit. Almost dingy.. I come now to the sleeping arrangements. The beds are absolutely fantastic and made by Respa who are a very reputable bed manufacturer in Ireland. The bed was huge and comfortable too. Unfortunately at 3 am a couple of guests on our corridor thought it amusing to run around like Tarzan screaming and hollering for over 15 minutes whilst crashing and banging into doors as they did so. It was both frightening and disturbing. My partner had to challenge them over it as it was unbearable. I telephoned reception who organised security to address the matter. We spoke to the duty manager in the morning who dealt with our complaint swiftly and responsively. It is such a shame that some people do not have any regard for decency, appreciation of nice places or any self respect. I would recommend this hotel for a stay in Dublin. We always enjoy the Irish hospitality and food and drink. We had a wonderful stay and would come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: avoid a front room opposite the train line
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlipFlop2U
Peter B, General Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear FlipFlop2U

Many thanks for your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with your partner here at the North Star Hotel/The Address D1.
Its great to read that overall you had a wonderful stay.
I am really sorry that you had to experience other guests misbehaving in such a way in the early hours of the morning albeit that we dealt with it efficiently.
We have spent significant time and money on research in order to deliver to guest expectations. I am delighted to understand that, for the most part you enjoyed and can recommend our work. It is disappointing, however, to read that you did not enjoy the breakfast experiance as much. I again apologise for the lack of replenishments available, which we will address quickly. The decor of the Breakfast area, the cellar room, has been well designed to maximum benefit to the room and in the main we have found most guests appreciative of what we have achieved.
Thank you again for recommending The North Star/The Address D1, indeed for posting such a comprehensive review and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon