See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2018

We stayed at this hotel forc3 nights recently. We were worried having seen the recent reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. The location of the hotel is very convenient for the city centre, only about a 10 to 15 minute walk. The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely, the ensuite, although small, had everything we needed - a good shower, hot water clean towels daily. The bed was comfortable. We had a problem with our bedside lamp which was rectified straightaway and the shower doors did not close properly and this was rectified the next day. The breakfast buffet was good and there was a choice of hot food. Although there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room we could help ourselves to free tea and coffee at the bar. There are no lifts so someone who has mobility difficulties might find this hotel a problem for them. The stairs are not steep. I have knee problems and did not find the stairs a problem. Thank you to the staff for a lovely stay

1  Thank Alison N
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Honestly, how could this dump ever be classed as a hotel.

I cancelled my Hilton Garden Inn Dublin accommodation for this, just to save my business expense €150 over the 4 nights.

Well, at €770 for the 4 nights it was the worst decision ever to have cancelled my Hilton stay which I had already booked.

No Wi-Fi, no restuarant, free tea and coffee 24x7 (Whoop de doo), if you are prepared to go to reception to make it as this is not available in the rooms! Hot water for your shower - oh yes, if you leave the tap on for about 10 minutes to get hot water and if you want to take a shower, well you better be shorter than a leprechaun.

The photographs on their website must be from a totally different hotel as they are nowhere near the true story.

There is nearly 5mm of spacing without grout between the bath and tiles. The rooms do not have a pleasant smell at all and has a really hefty 19th century stench.

So much for booking this on Booking.com.

Never ever trusting this site again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SeanM1931
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Rooms were very smelly and very small,no tea or coffee in the rooms.

And my God the stairs that you have to climb is ridiculous! like have you heard of a lift??

It was a blessing that I was only here for a day!.

Great location though.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

- Staff is absolutely friendly and helpfull, available 24/7
- rooms are worn down, window is broken, showerhead is broken, toilet seat is cheap, lightbulb on bedside table is broken, tv doesn't work, w-lan works poorly or not, doorknob of bathroom is loose, shampoodispenser broken
- sheets are clean, towels changed every morning
- no hairdryer, no aeration in bathroom,
- location is awesome, 5min from airport blue line stop at o'connell street
- depending on the price it is a very lovely hotel
- tea and coffee at the reception, guinness for 4.80, breakfast 7.50, but never tried

Quite frankly, i don't mind a shabby hotel with a bit of character and soul but this one lacks basic things that are a must have if you pay the asked price. We were lucky with a cheap offering from the internet and still it seems to be kept just for business and without care. We enjoyed our stay due to the location and the price. In my opinion the hotel has potentiality.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My fiance and I stayed there for 1 night, which was enough for me. The hotel itself is aesthetically pleasing however the rooms and TV were outdated and our view was not pleasing to the eye. It was sust a view of their neighbors roof and back porches of apartment buildings near by. I did like that even though the room itself was small, the ceilings were high so it opened up the room. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, they let us stash our luggage at the front desk till we could check in and out.

Date of stay: March 2018