See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 6 nights at this hotel. The only good part was it’s location. The hotel is within walking distance to many tourist attractions in Dublin. Our room did not get cleaned once while we stayed. The only thing housekeeping did was empty the trash, provide new towels on some days and make the bed. We never got clean bedding or anything. When we arrived we found clumps of hair on the walls of the shower. It never got cleaned off. The doors had dust on them. The room did not have a tv or phone. Tv only had a few basic cable channels and was very tiny. The bed only had a comforter - no sheets or any other blankets. It felt like we were sleeping on a lumpy, old couch. Most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel. We could hear people in rooms next to and above us opening and closing doors, walking around, and using the bathroom/flushing toilets. A very dangerous thing was that there were red and blue markers on the sink. Red was actually cold, blue was hot. I found this out the hard way when I went to wash my hands in boiling hot water, thinking it was cold. Very disappointing! The only food served is breakfast, which was limited and not included in the stay. There was no ac or fan in the room. Our room was right above the front door. We had the window open 24/7 because it was always so hot in the room. People were constantly smoking below us so we ended up smelling cigarettes the majority of the time. Hotel was incredibly outdated and even smelled old. Some of the staff was very nice, others were rude. This hotel is absolutely not worth the price. Go to any other hotel in Dublin if you can!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Can’t believe this is regarding itself as a “hotel”. No lift, only millions of stairs. No air conditioning in room. Tiny tv with bare minimum channels. Window was smashed which wasn’t pleasant to see. Would be more suitable as a hostel.
However, staff were nice

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Becky N
Reviewed 26 May 2018

We stayed at this hotel forc3 nights recently. We were worried having seen the recent reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. The location of the hotel is very convenient for the city centre, only about a 10 to 15 minute walk. The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely, the ensuite, although small, had everything we needed - a good shower, hot water clean towels daily. The bed was comfortable. We had a problem with our bedside lamp which was rectified straightaway and the shower doors did not close properly and this was rectified the next day. The breakfast buffet was good and there was a choice of hot food. Although there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room we could help ourselves to free tea and coffee at the bar. There are no lifts so someone who has mobility difficulties might find this hotel a problem for them. The stairs are not steep. I have knee problems and did not find the stairs a problem. Thank you to the staff for a lovely stay

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Alison N
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Honestly, how could this dump ever be classed as a hotel.

I cancelled my Hilton Garden Inn Dublin accommodation for this, just to save my business expense €150 over the 4 nights.

Well, at €770 for the 4 nights it was the worst decision ever to have cancelled my Hilton stay which I had already booked.

No Wi-Fi, no restuarant, free tea and coffee 24x7 (Whoop de doo), if you are prepared to go to reception to make it as this is not available in the rooms! Hot water for your shower - oh yes, if you leave the tap on for about 10 minutes to get hot water and if you want to take a shower, well you better be shorter than a leprechaun.

The photographs on their website must be from a totally different hotel as they are nowhere near the true story.

There is nearly 5mm of spacing without grout between the bath and tiles. The rooms do not have a pleasant smell at all and has a really hefty 19th century stench.

So much for booking this on Booking.com.

Never ever trusting this site again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SeanM1931
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Rooms were very smelly and very small,no tea or coffee in the rooms.

And my God the stairs that you have to climb is ridiculous! like have you heard of a lift??

It was a blessing that I was only here for a day!.

Great location though.