Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
US$202
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

US$181
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

US$258
US$223
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

US$281
US$209
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

US$176
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

US$150
US$122
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

Castle Hotel(Dublin)
US$224
US$208
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

US$214
US$172
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$139
US$222
US$200
Agoda.com
2,604 results
All reviewscity centreaviva stadiumlovely hoteldart stationbar foodsingle bedbus stopdublin airportrdsbewleysballsbridgemasonseuroduvetaircoachirelandconcert
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here as I was working in the area.

The rooms are large although a refurbishment is about due.

The common areas have been refurbished beautifully and are a pleasure to eat/drink in.

Food is good and about standard hotel prices.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
JasonBullman, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear SteDanniMc,

Thanks for offering feedback on your stay with us.

Delighted to see that everything was to your satisfaction, our whole team here will enjoy reading this review.

We really hope you will return to us again in the future.

GR Manager

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Location and bar area are nice...that is it! Seems to be some sort of renovation on going in common areas however the rooms and halls are in serious need of updating!!! Hallways are an 80s nightmare and bedroom are barely better!! Drab and tatty decor and the shower smelt mouldy!! Pleasant staff saved it but won't be back unless a major room update takes place. Also booked a double room but the receptionist said they had run out when we went to check in!! We were left with 2 4ft beds instead! Not acceptable!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarahw1710

Dear Sarahw1710,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

As is evident having read through your feedback, the hotel bedrooms were not to your liking. We are undergoing a huge refurbishment with the aim of improving aspects of the hotel, we will certainly use your feedback to ensure we get this right.

Apologies that everything did not run smoothly and hopefully if you do return we provide you with a satisfactory experience.

jbullman@claytonhotels.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Drayton Hotel Ballsbridge is a lovely hotel with very helpful, professional staff. This hotel was once a school and has an on-site restaurant. The fact that it has been converted from a school to a hotel should not deter anyone from booking at this hotel. My room was spacious and very clean. The neighbourhood is safe for tourists who fancy walking or catching a bus. The Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus stops right beside the hotel.
Breakfast buffet has numerous choices to cater to a variety of tastes. Fabulous pots of tea!!
The reason for the four rating rather than a five is that the hotel is currently up-grading and re-decorating. There was quite a bit of construction noise during the day only. There was no construction noise at night. I would choose this hotel again for comfort, location and safety.

Stayed: May 2018
JasonBullman, Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Rhbmoyer,

Many thanks for reviewing your stay with us.

It's very pleasing to read that everything was to your satisfaction, and your detailed review will hopefully be useful to other potential guests who may be researching us on TripAdvisor before booking.

As you mentioned, our rooms are quite large in comparison to competitor hotels and we are situated in a respectable part of Dublin with easy access to all our city has to offer.

I understand completely that you took a star off for the refurbishment, I just hope you will come back to us after it's completion so that we can get that fifth star upon your next visit.

I really hope to have you back with us again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here a year ago; had a negative experience, but decided we would try it again as we were attending the Billy Joel gig. This time we were very specific about our requirements, and on check in, it seemed we had got what we asked for. Despite the long queue, check in was quite efficient. Room was on the ground floor, big and airy, and it seemed that all looked good. However, it was only when I plugged in the kettle to make tea that it began to unravel; the kettle wouldn't work. Plugging it into another socket didn't help either.

I called reception. "Did you try plugging it in?" asked the receptionist...anyway, within five minutes a young guy in hotel uniform knocked at the door to fix the toilet(!!) which was what he was asked to do. Explained the kettle to him, whereupon he promised to get me another kettle, which he did....to find that this one wouldn't work either. Young man deduced it could be either fuses or wiring, and plugged the kettle in on the other side of the room, ie, beside the bed. Result!.

Nice young man then said "if it's a fuse or a wiring problem then nothing on that side of the room will work". And so it was; no lights, no hairdryer, and as it emerged later in the evening, the TV did not work either.

A maintenance man was called up, but he was all apologies; he knew nothing about electrics; he suggested I call reception again and inquire about a room change. In fact the room was really nice, bright and airy and when I rang reception the second time, receptionist told me rudely that she was checking in guests and was too busy to deal with me and put me on hold. I hung up eventually, but was telephoned within 5 minutes by a supervisor, Olga.

Once again, I went through the scenario with her. She offered to move us,said there was no electrician on duty at the weekends; but I said if we couldn't have a similar room then we preferred to stay put. She offered us breakfast next morning and free parking for my car; I accepted this as reasonable. However, at that stage we were unaware that the TV wasn't working. That only became evident later in the evening. At that stage, we simply could not summon the energy for another call to reception.

Showered and refreshed, we went to the restaurant to eat before the gig; alas it was not to be. We were told that not only would it be a minimum of an hour to wait, but that in fact, the kitchen was closed for any further orders for the present....we left and went straight to the Avivia for food on the hoof....hot dogs and burgers!

Afterwards, we headed back to the bar and found it jammed with punters from two gigs; one in the RDS and the Aviva one. There was some attempt at the entrance to keep the numbers down, ie, residents only. It was only partly successful. There must have been at least 6 staff behind the bar but it didn't make service any quicker.

On check out the next morning the receptionist knew nothing about the room, and I asked that my complaint about the room be well documented, and that the room not be let again until the wiring was checked out. She didn't make a note of it as far as I know, so it may still be only functioning on one side!

The hotel's restaurant and bar were not prepared for the crowds which surged into the building both before and afterwards it seems. It was our second negative experience in this hotel, and our room did not come cheap. The supervisor I spoke to was quick and decisive in her actions and pleasant enough but it was a poor show. It's a huge hotel with 300 + rooms, and I wonder if some Out of Service rooms had been brought back into service due to being booked to capacity...but without being properly checked over?

On the plus side, the beds were comfortable, the room spacious and the shower all we could want. Breakfast next morning was excellent, and numbers managed very efficiently....still, breakfast is a different kind of meal - buffet style, and they generally know approximate numbers in advance.

Sad to say we would be very reluctant to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Marie m,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay.

Firstly, I was glad to read that there were elements of your stay that you were pleased with and that Olga was able to assist you.

It is frustrating to read that you experienced issues with your room and that you felt let down by some of the staff here, I am very sorry about that. I will endeavour to find out why this occurred and reiterate our responsibilities to our guests here.

The day you stayed with us was one of those days which every hotel will have probably a couple of times a year where the hotel is dealing with numbers which will dwarf the operations of a normal day in the hotel. I can assure you that we had as many staff and managers working on the day as we could, and that overall we were pleased with how we dealt with everything on the day.

Obviously we would love to be able to serve food to every person who asked on the day, however we took the decision to slow down the food service in order to not compromise the quality of food and service which we would usually provide. I hope that you get where I am coming from on this and I apologise that you were unable to eat with us.

I regret that you would not return to us, I would really appreciate that if you changed your mind on this that you contact me directly so that I can look after you with the best rate available.

I wish you all the best and hopefully it's not the last time we see you back with us.

Kind Regards,
jbullman@claytonhotels.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It is a beautiful hotel located near city center. Staff is very courteous and food is also good. Rooms are of comfortable size.Overall a comfortable stay. Good for all whether travelling alone or with family/friends.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear nupur a,

Thanks so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us.

I hope that reviews such as yours can help to attract guests to the hotel, specifically at a time where we are so close to completing an extensive refurbishment of our property.

We would love to have you back with us again in the future.