US$348
US$276
Conrad
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$351/night.

US$179
US$145
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$306
US$224
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

US$157
US$153
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$321
US$229
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,733 results
All reviewsdrawing roomdart stationaviva stadiumlansdowne roadevery afternooncity centreminute walkfour poster bedbrown breadguest housequiet neighborhoodbreakfast roomtea coffeebreakfast was deliciousjunior suiteballsbridge hotelrestaurants and pubs
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had a nice stay at the Ariel House. Good location not too far from city center and a lovely house. The rooms were HOT - no AC and warm temps in Ireland meant that we were largely roasting in our rooms, which mean poor sleep. Good breakfast and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews for our trip to Dublin, I was excited to stay at the Ariel House. My husband and I are foodies and the descriptions and images looked quaint. The accommodations are quaint and the staff was very kind; however, if you are tall or muscley or big in general, you may find the accommodations a bit snug - specifically the bed, which we both found to be quite uncomfortable.

We also learned that since we booked early morning Wild Rover tours that had us leaving at 6:00 or 7:00 am, we couldn’t experience the buffet breakfast that was one of the reasons we’d booked this hotel in the first place. We were given a continental breakfast but that was disappointing.

The Ariel House is within walking distance of a delicious restaurant called the Chophouse. Nearby food does not actually show up on maps so if you’re in your room wondering if there’s food, there is. We also found that Four Star Pizza will deliver and its delicious.

Next time, we will get a hotel that is closer to transportation and diverse food options, especially given how we chose to use our time while in Dublin. If you’re a smaller person who enjoys a firm mattress, who wants a B&B feel - a quaint hotel on a quiet street - and you can wait to eat until 7:30 am, this is just the place for you.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Danepup
Rory D, General Manager at Ariel House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Danepup,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to read your comments after you have departed, not giving me the chance to make right any grievances you may have had while here. I personally spoke to you and your partner at length while you relaxed in the drawing room on your first day. I met you again on many occasions throughout your stay and you never mentioned any of your frustrations to me.
You booked a garden view double room directly on our website. On check-in, you were upgraded to one of our superior rooms in the main house. On our website it states the times for breakfast. If one of the main reasons you booked Ariel House was to experience our hot breakfast offerings, organising a later Wild Rover tour would have been advisable. Unless you are staying in an Airport hotel, breakfast times are generally from 7am.
You mentioned that booking a hotel closer to transportation would be advisable, however we are 2 minutes’ walk from the main train (DART) station which brings you in to the city centre in less than 7 minutes. When speaking to you I suggested the DART was the best option if you were planning on going into the centre, however you said you wanted to stay around the local area.
Had you mentioned to me that you found the mattress to be hard or the too small, I would certainly have done anything to help make your stay more enjoyable, from offering you a different room, or putting a mattress softener on top of the bed.
You, like many travellers throughout the world feel that it is best to say nothing while at the property and then write a review after departure, not giving us the opportunity to help you while you are here. This is very frustrating for myself and my team, who are working extremely hard to provide the best service to all our guests, going above and beyond for everyone who walks through the doors here at Ariel House.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and safe travels back to Iowa.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

This is a very good value hotel. The hotel is housed in buildings built in 1851. The location in the Ballsbridge (the embassy district) section of Dublin is removed from the craziness of central Dublin. The hotel is less than 100 yards from the Lansdowne Road train station, making public transportation convenient. Breakfast at the hotel was excellent.

My family was fortunate during our recent stay at Ariel House in that we had rooms on the lowest level with north-facing windows. The heat wave in all of Ireland made the hotel hot; there's no air conditioning. I don't know how guests on the top floors of the hotel, especially on the southside of the building, got any sleep in the heat.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank DrDonnieDBA

Dear DrDonnieDBA,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are indeed experiencing Mediterranean weather here in Dublin at the minute so at times it can be quite hot.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Ariel house is beautiful and incredibly charming. The staff was so friendly and kind, and the room was gorgeous, spacious, and clean. They will serve you tea in the drawing room in the afternoons, and serve a lovely breakfast as well. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Dublin.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Nikki S,
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review of your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to all who helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Although we only spent one night at Arial House, it was a great experience. Cecilia was fabulous and made us feel so welcome! She really works to be personable and get to know the guests. The breakfast was delicious and so much to select from! Arial House is located in the beautiful part of Dublin known as Ballsbridge and we love to walk to Merion Square and see the homes in the area that feature those wonderful "doors of Ireland".

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear wennis8417,
Thank you for taking the time to give is an amazing 5 star review of your stay with us. Cecilia was delighted to read that she helped make your stay so special. I will pass on your kind words of our award winning breakfast to our chefs.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Ariel House in the near future.