“Fun for couples”

Dr. Quirkey's Good Time Emporium
Ranked #82 of 100 Fun & Games in Dublin
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Myself and fiancée visited here at night time during our recent vacation to Dublin. We both enjoyed our visit and had fun. However I do agree with previous comments suggesting not to bring children here at night time and that it is impossible to win anything. There were a good few thuggish looking louts about so that was off putting, staff didnt look like they cared at all. I guess you could call this a mixed review.

2  Thank Gav-1985

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am shocked to see so many negative reviews of this place! Especially people saying it is unsafe and dangerous - it's right in the middle of O'Connell St, which is tourist central! My boyfriend and I went both mid afternoon and later at night (10pm ish) and never felt even slightly unsafe. There is security at the door and throughout the place (maybe that's a new development and why my experience doesn't match with these reviews?) and the place in the afternoon is crawling with kids.

We played some slots, competed against each other in basketball, and then spent many, many 20 cent pieces playing the most addicting little game where you drop coins into a machine to try to get other coins (and cheap little toys) to fall into a tray. We returned to London laden with the spoils of our efforts - little toy soldiers, a daisy duck figurine, 3 cheap watches, and a plethora of key chains and slinkys. A totally addicting game and a fairly entertaining way to spend an hour or so. It's also right by where the aircoach picks you up to go to the airport, so I say check it out if you have some time to kill!

1  Thank SNB42
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We went to this arcade last summer. There were gangs of teenagers hanging around being rowdy and obnoxious and some very dodgy looking characters eying us up. Warning: Keep an eye your personal belongings !!! We played one game (DDR) and left - didnt feel like hanging around .This is NOT the kind of place to take your young children in my opinion.

4  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 3 October 2013

There games are fixed.please dont give this scum place another penny.this place should closed forever.cheats cheats cheats.

5  Thank Peter1153
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This place is a disgrace the staff r so rude especially the dark man in which we spoke too about things falling in the machine but not coming out he just turned too us blank face and said that's how we earn our money if ya don't like it don't come back ,yep that's right also my daughter won stuff and said how there stuck and he said tuff while there the security guard spent most his time out side with rift raft off the street and seems ta have no interest in what's going on inside,going ta this place will turn our day up side down and feel like u have been kicked in the gutt and as for children its a no go staff r so rude be in for a lot tears I wouldn't bring the dog ta this place the way they treat people ,and they seriously need ta look at there staff in this place if there more interested in smoking with the bullies outside let them stay out there the most disgusting down hearted place unrespectful degrading place u could ever visit in Dublin and wish I'd seen all yee comments before I brang my 3 daughters and sisters STAY AWAY AT ALL COST ESPECIALLY WITH CHILDREN 17/8/2013

7  Thank siobhian