“Worthless junkie scumbags”

Dr. Quirkey's Good Time Emporium
Ranked #80 of 94 Fun & Games in Dublin
Reviewed 14 November 2014

My aunty was in their today playing slot machines. When sum low life reached threw the slot machines she was playing and robbed her bag with her pension in it . gardai were called and statement giving . but again the staff and security were non existent . unbelievable alltogeter. Absolute kip .

2  Thank decked

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Myself and fiancée visited here at night time during our recent vacation to Dublin. We both enjoyed our visit and had fun. However I do agree with previous comments suggesting not to bring children here at night time and that it is impossible to win anything. There were a good few thuggish looking louts about so that was off putting, staff didnt look like they cared at all. I guess you could call this a mixed review.

2  Thank Gav-1985
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am shocked to see so many negative reviews of this place! Especially people saying it is unsafe and dangerous - it's right in the middle of O'Connell St, which is tourist central! My boyfriend and I went both mid afternoon and later at night (10pm ish) and never felt even slightly unsafe. There is security at the door and throughout the place (maybe that's a new development and why my experience doesn't match with these reviews?) and the place in the afternoon is crawling with kids.

We played some slots, competed against each other in basketball, and then spent many, many 20 cent pieces playing the most addicting little game where you drop coins into a machine to try to get other coins (and cheap little toys) to fall into a tray. We returned to London laden with the spoils of our efforts - little toy soldiers, a daisy duck figurine, 3 cheap watches, and a plethora of key chains and slinkys. A totally addicting game and a fairly entertaining way to spend an hour or so. It's also right by where the aircoach picks you up to go to the airport, so I say check it out if you have some time to kill!

1  Thank SNB42
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We went to this arcade last summer. There were gangs of teenagers hanging around being rowdy and obnoxious and some very dodgy looking characters eying us up. Warning: Keep an eye your personal belongings !!! We played one game (DDR) and left - didnt feel like hanging around .This is NOT the kind of place to take your young children in my opinion.

4  Thank Sarah S