Pembroke Townhouse
  • Bar/Lounge
Ariel House(Dublin)
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmezzanine roomcity centreaviva stadiumlounge areafree tea and coffeebreakfast roomsecure parkingfull irish breakfastsmall hotelminute walkguest houseexcellent breakfasthome from homeroom was clean and comfortablelovely hotelstayed here for two nightspubs and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Out of ten locations and two weeks in the UK, this was our only disappointing accommodation. The rooms were minimally appointed with even basic bed linens. We were told when we checked in that our rate did not include breakfast, despite the online promotion and e-mail confirmation. In the room a card announced "complimentary" tea, coffee and cookies, and then when you get downstairs everything is under lock and key and has a cost associated. Lastly, the staff was less than accommodating and friendly. I would not recommend Pembroke Townhouse.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank drleebrady
FionaTeehan, Manager at Pembroke Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear drleebrady,
Thank you for writing a review.
We are very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay - but most of all that you felt staff were not accommodating - we are very sorry that you found that.
We offer complimentary tea / coffee and homemade cookeis room service 24 hours instead of offering room facilities - I am unsure of what you mean by lock and key though? - we do have wine which is locked away in a larder in the lobby, also a kettle for guests who like to help themselves in the lobby... I am sorry if you didn't get to avail of this.
I am concerned too it you say you understood that breakfast was to be included as our website confirmation is computer generated and always says in one has booked a rate to include breakfast, otherwise the rate would be a room only rate... they same would apply to third parties websites too, whom are outside our control....
I would hope that you would give us an chance to stay with us again - if you want to personally email me and I will do my best to look after you.
My best regards,
Fiona and all the crew

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We found this hotel was perfect. The room was spacious, clean and very light. The hotel staff were friendly. We particularly loved the little extra touches -- free tea, coffee and cookies available in the drawing room for the whole length of our stay; plus elderflower juice.

The hotel is not in the city centre but it is a 10 minute walk to St Stephen's Square or there are regular buses. The airport bus lets you off a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kittyathome

Dear Kittyathome,
Thank you for writing a review.
We are so hapy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and mostly that you felt the staff were helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us on another occassion.
Our best regards,
Fiona and all the crew

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Seriously. Actually there are a lot of reasons to stay here but I've been all over the world and never had a morning spread like that. No wonder they print out recipes and put them on the sideboard because they must get asked for them all the time. As for the hotel, it is very convenient to the airport bus and the hop on hop off bus (and you walk right by a great little Mexican restaurant - who knew you'd find that in Dublin?) and the staff is just lovely. The room was quite nice with very comfortable beds and a spacious clean bathroom that gave me one of the best showers I've ever had travelling (excellent water pressure is a beautiful thing). The price was very reasonable even with the euro to dollar conversion and though someone complained about the funky key, I thought it was fun and just left it with the front desk. The front desk staff was very helpful with directions and made several calls for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelGoddessLA

Dear TravelGoddessLA ,
Thank you for writing a review.
We are so hapy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and mostly that you enjoyed our breakfast...I hope you got some of the recipes!!? ...also we are very pleased to hear that you felt the staff were helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us on another occassion.
Our warmest regards,
Fiona and all the team

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Had a great three-night stay at the Pembroke Townhouse where we experienced the warmth and friendliness of the staff - from housemaid to manager - and the delightful extra touches - cookies, elderflower cordial on arrival and throughout our stay - tea and cookies brought to our room each morning with a smile - very pleasant bedroom and cozy residents lounge. Excellent breakfasts in a relaxed setting. A very pleasant time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosemary M

Hi Rosemary M,
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
My warmest regards from Fiona and all the team

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The best thing about Pembroke was the breakfast. The food is fantastic! Other than that, we were incredibly disappointed. We read all the reviews, researched the websites, worked through a travel agency and all stated that this was a great place to stay. We booked 4 nights for 6 adults and everyone in my party was disappointed and below were our findings:
1. The large beds (approx. queen size) are actually two twin beds pushed together.
2. The two twin beds are very, very, firm. So much so that we slept on top of the comforter for some extra cushion.
3. The carpet throughout the facility needs repair. Many high traffic areas are frayed/torn.
4. The toilets need updating, and are problematic in all rooms we were in. Sometimes flush, sometimes will not.
5. As in all Ireland there is no A/C so you need to keep your windows open. Not a problem unless you are in room 508, 509. The traffic is very noisy until around midnight. Don't plan to sleep early.
6. In rooms 508 and 509 the windows are lit by flood lights which are pointed at the front of the building at night which illuminate the room. You can't close the curtains all the way because that blocks air flow from the open window.

All in all, none of us would recommend this place. Stay away until they get things updated!

Room Tip: Rooms on the street are very noisy and flood lights illuminate the room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank phl88

Dear phl88,
Thank you for writing.
Oh my goodness - we are so sorry to hear you were disappointed. Maybe drop us a line and we can see can we arrange another stay for you and I will look after you personally - I will see can I rectify some of your concerns.
Unfortunately we cannot do anything about some - as we are a city location so have no control over public street lighting and general traffic...this will be case in all city hotels, but maye we can arrange a comforter for you, etc... our matresses our orthopaedic, so very firm and therefore not everyones preference, but we want to make everyones stay as comfortable as possible and strive to do so if we are aware of concerns in advance or during ones stay.
My best regards,