“An unexpected top class restaurant in a well known establishment”
Review of Morilles Bistro

Morilles Bistro
Ranked #287 of 2,833 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The Yellow House has featured early in my life as a local pub. Consequently, I was surprised when a few friends suggested meeting in Morilles Bistro upstairs in this pub. I was amazed to discover a traditional bistro. The service was attentive but in intrusive. The food was wonderful, tasty, well presented and fresh. I had the Spring Salad for starters and the Tian of Goats Cheese and baked tomato for mains. Others had the lamb and the seabream. There was consensus that each meal was delicious. I would certainly visit again, hopefully soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We received a voucher delivered to our door which was great value and decided to book. I had wanted to try this restaurant for a while. The food is excellent, however the service was not up to standard. Not once were we asked if we were happy with our food. A waiter passed a bottle of water to another waitor talking to each other over our heads and across our table like we weren't there. We noticed others who arrived & ordered after us were served first. It didnt matter too much as we weren't in a hurry. We ordered cappacinos with our desert, they never came. We would have asked for a liquor to finish off, changed our minds and asked for the bill. We were charged for the cappuccinos, pointed this out, they were taken off our bill and offered complimentary ones. We refused as the general attitude of the staff was brusque and not welcoming. For the food & presentation I might go back for that alone, the chef is excellent, but the brusque attitude and lack of general courtesy let them down.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Morilles Bistro and will not be our last. The ambiance is very relaxing and the warmth of the welcome set the right tone. You settle into the very comfortable chairs (a very important element so often neglected by restaurants). The menu is straightforward and the food we enjoyed was top class in terms of quality, quality, preparation, presentation and service. It was a most enjoyable dining experience. Merci

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The food is always great food, the staff are lovely and they have a good selection of wines. I also love the fresh breads and pesto the serve while you wait

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I wanted to like Morilles, I really did. I expected good quality rustic French food. The stuff like you see in books and programmes about Provence etc. But Morilles is a big disapointment. There is nothing worse than reading fancy descriptions in a menu and specials board, having a waiter tell you how good it is and getting something below par on the plate. Small portions and badly executed. The guy in the waste coat who looked like he ran the place approached me like a bouncer trust the machine under my nose aggressively and said "monsieur". Money is the only object in this place which is not unusual for Dublin but they don't have to be so blatent about it.