“OK for the money”
Review of Egans House

Egans House
Ranked #26 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, March 31st 2012- April 2nd 2012. I payed 97 euros inkluding breakfast and parking.

The room: I stayed in room 49, which is a small attic room at the top of 4 very narrow stairs. The view was of an empty lot, but I didn't mind that. The bed was firm, whcich I like, the pillow completely flat, which I don't like. The bathroom is TINY with a 50x50 cm (20x20 inches) shower, but is functional. The room was clean.

Parking: It was completely unnecessary, the was ample streetparking available. I guess you should only get parking in advance if you stay here in a really buisy season, otherwise, pay for parking when you arrive if needed, otherwise it's a waste at 8 Euros a day.

The breakfast: eggs, beans, thick bacon, Irish sausages, coffe, tea, juice, toast w marmalade, fruitsallad and Weetabix was fine for me. I appreciated the freshly cut fruitsallad.

Location: Situated in a quiet residental area, no noise at Saturday night, but a sturdy 30 min walk to the city center, take the bus there so you have energy to walk aroud when you get there!

Service: the guy at late Saturday night check in was not good, he couldnt answer any questions, and forgot to give me the Internet code so I had o go back down to get it again. All questions was answer with: "Ask tomorrow when the lady is here". So I did, and the lady was very nice, polite and helpful.

Overall, an OK hotel for the price, but there are closer options for the same price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We had a beautiful time in this nice and relaxing guest house.
Quiet place.
The website says exactly what you'll find.
If you're travelling from Dublin Airport save money arriving by bus (DublinBus lines 16a or 41).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Lovely and quiet hotel close to buses and city center (20-minute walk). Very helpful staff. Good breakfast (cereal, sausage, eggs, fruit, juice) for 8 euros which is not included in the price but that seems to be typical of Ireland. Typical small bathroom but that’s expected in Europe. Would stay there again and definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights 15th-18th Feb. We had a spacious twin room with en-suite shower room. The price for this bed and breakfast was excellent for its location: 10 mins on bus from city centre and 5 mins walk to the Royal Botanic Gardens. The room was very clean and warm and was serviced every day. The decor was a little out-dated though. The shower was a little awkward to use, one large metal nozze that sprayed all over the floor when I was trying to turn it on. Also, on our second morning I had a shower about 11am and the water was almost cold, so make sure you shower early. We don't eat breakfast but we do enjoy our coffee in the morning so were a disappointed to find no tea or coffee making facilities in our room.

The staff were excellent here, so friendly and always there, they even gave us change for the bus into town. On our first night we asked for a recommendation for a place to eat locally and were were given discount vouchers for two local pubs serving food. The Porterhouse North, a five minute walk from the b and b was excellent and had very good prices for food and drink.

We'd stay here again but take our own travel kettle.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Would definitely recommend this hotel. Has a friendly welcoming atmosphere and we very much enjoyed our stay here. The room and bathroom was plenty big enough and very clean...I found the shower hard to use and ended up soaking the whole room with it, but may have just been me! Other than that all good :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple