“Lovely stay”
Review of Egans House

Egans House
Ranked #27 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I had a great time in Egans house the room wasn't huge but big enough for me. Wifi was perfect. I had a hairdrayer, CLEAN kettle with tea coffe milk and sugar, and a iron! Not that I bothered...
I walked from there to the city centre in about 25 mins but there are busses as well. The lady at the reception was really nice and helpful. The house is in a really nice and quiet area. Bring your earplugs just in case you have rude noisy neighbours like mine....chatting outside their door for ages and coming back at midnight SLAMMING the door....
I definitively stay again.

Room Tip: I was in room 46 and it was really nice
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
patfinn, Owner at Egans House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments.
We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Egans House.
We apologize unreservedly for the noise from the neighbors.
Hopefully, we will have the pleasure of meeting you again.
Best Regards,
Egans House

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Friendly,very clean,we stayed 2 nights and it is only a 20 minute walk to Dublin. A car park was included in the price. It is rated 3 star but much better quality than other 3 star accomodation that we have stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank malibuvirg0

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the excellent rating. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at EGANS HOUSE.
We hope we can welcome you again.
Kindest Regards,
Egans Guest House

Reviewed 8 May 2017

A little cosy guesthouse in a picturesque residential area of Dublin. Very quiet and tranquilling. You awake with birds singing. The staff is very friendly and responsive. The location is also rather convinient - 10 minutes from the Centre and 30 minutes from the airport. Room service is alright.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a lovely review. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of meeting you again.
Best wishes from Egans House

Reviewed 26 April 2017

This is a large guesthouse in a safe and quiet residential area. Parking seems to be a real problem. It is possible to walk to the city centre, but having done once it I would probably catch a bus or get a taxi.

Walking through the door there was a smell of stale farts. I did wonder if this was going to prove to be a horrendously bad booking like the one I reviewed in Bolton. Thankfully that was not to be the case.

Check in was efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. It was a single room and pretty pokey. The bathroom was tiny with barely enough room to sit on the loo. But as I was only sleeping there and then heading out each day, none of this mattered. The shower didn't seem to have a setting between 'Lava' and 'Glacial'.

At night I was woken to the sound of someone speaking loudly on his phone. I assumed he was on the landing near my room and went to tell them to be quiet, but it became clear that this was someone in an adjoining room and that the walls are very thin. A real bugbear of mine, and for once I'd forgotten ear plugs.

There is free wifi, albeit pretty slow. I didn't have the breakfast so can't comment on that.

I left my bag there on my last day and when I came to collect it the very helpful staff member helped me to get a cab that was cheaper than the advertised special offer. That was great.

All in all, great staff and decent if unspectacular accommodation. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ntfc2
patfinn, Owner at Egans House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are indeed in the safe and quiet residential area. Regarding car parking, we have 3 choices for our guests:
1. all of the surrounding roads/streets operate a pay and display basis.
2. Alternatively 60 meters to the left, of the main door at Egans House, there is a residential cul-de-sac, in which parking is free all of the time.
3. Onsite car parking costs 7Euro per day. There are only 7 spaces available.
We are just 1 mile or 2 km. from the city center, 25 mins. walk or 5 mins. to the nearest bus stop. Buses coming to every 5-7 mins. and taking 10 mins. to get into town. The cost is 2.70 Euro per person each way. A taxi from Egans House to Dublin City Centre costs between 8 and 12 euros.
Our apologies about the shower - we have since resolved that issue.
Sorry unreservedly for the noise from next door.
Hopefully, we will have the pleasure of meeting you again.
Best Regards from all the staff.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Parking is easy to find and free. Not far from the hotel. We booked this place last minute and only the 6 person room was available. We got an attic room which is very very nice with skylights. Very clean. Highly recommend booking here because it is decently priced.

Stayed: April 2017
patfinn, Front Office Manager at Egans House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Elliot, Thank you for your lovely comment, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to welcome you in the future.
Have a nice evening.